I cannot take it any more and I need to share with someone what I feel. The pain I have been having in my lower left side drives me crazy. I feel it especially when I lay on my stomach. Then I can feel something there, though I cannot feel anything abnormal with my hands. I would like to hear anyone’s opinion what this left side pain could be.

That is very hard to say what that could be with just few things you specified. I know just you have left side pain and nothing else, which is not enough for quite sure diagnose. First thing that is on my mind is hernia, because there are many hernias that are able for palpating. This is one of reasons for left side pain, so that could be with you too. For example, hiatal hernia is the one, which is often associated with reflux. Reflux is not cause and cannot feel it from the outside. The term hiatal hernia means of the portion of the stomach entering the chest. Most of the physicians would agree that empiric treatment with inhibitors of acid secretion is appropriate before beginning investigations for reflux-like symptoms. If your symptoms persist, the best is if you make an appointment with your doctor. He will have to do additional testing probably, which I believe is going to bring you a relief of left side pain.