at my wits end. am having stomch problems for 18 months now.accompanied with weakness and palpations and rapid heart beat.. have had blood test and endoscopy which they said i had ulceration on the left of my stomach. taking nexium but seem to be doing nothing for me.gave up drink and completely changed my diet but all to no avail.have also had heart checked out and was told there was nothing unusual. think this might drive me crazy in the end. sometimes i get so weak i think i am going to pass out. am always aware of my heartbeat which dosent help either. stress has only become a factor since i got sick because i am worried about it. the main source of pain seems to be just under my left rib cage but am experiencing pain everywhere. even having shooting pains in my arms which is always worrying.dont know how much longer i can go on like this.i am a 31 year old male

I'm having almost identical symptoms and was wondering if you have any update/answers.

Thanks!

Same deal here ! weird kind of pain in the lower left rib cage area - thought initially it was just heart palpitations, but listening to it with a stethoscope and it actually seems to be stomach / digestive tract related. If you can get your hands on a steth. definitely do, if you here gas or digestive movement when you get the "palpitation feeling" it may not be palpitations at all.

I have for about 10 years been going through feeling so fpanic and anxiety attacks due to my stomach..It always feels full and bloated anytime I eat especially certain foods wheat, greasy, and alcohol makes it a huge mess. I experience shortness of breath alot and feels like there is a brick in my stomach it can causes gases to back up can give me palpatations and I'm so hungry but cant eat alot of food or my stmoach goes nuts..I'm on 40 to 80 mg of pantaloc a day!!I get hotflashes alot but there starting to get better as I control the food I eat more..The only thing on here I don't see is well I get heart racing from time to time and once I take a pantoloc it settles it down right away....I feel the fullness and bloating on my left side all the time and tight clothes bother it and excercise or lifting things. but my doctor said he thinks I'm to young for a hiatus hernia I'm 32...If I sleep sitting up I feel better.I can't lay down after I eat or my stomach goes nuts and i will wake up and my hear is racing like crazy!!!Sitting after I eat bothers me to..I can only ever eat small amounts...All these feelings cause me to have anxiety attacks all the time so I'm on ativan when needed it is an anti anxiety meds..Stress makes it worse and being upset...My stomach sticks out a bit on my left side to as well and its always bloated and feels full on the left sidebelow my rib cage...
There just starting to check now for celiac disease and so on but my doc said probably not a hernia to young...The shortness of breath is the worst part and causes me to have anixety attacks...What do they do for hernia's because I think that is what this is it come s and goes and some days are good and some are bad???>I dont get pain under left rib cage but bloating and discomfort and a feeling of fullness...They told me it was gastritis and now there checking everything because I told them I needed to try to figure this out because the pantoloc arent working all the time anymore..I also sweat from this

Im having all the same problems as the initial topic and im only 18. Ive smoked pot for about 2 years and smokes for about 1 and a half and i quit all of it as well as drinking and pretty much anything fun cause it makes these things worse. Man i hate this anybody have any ideas?

Hello johnnyk,I feel your pain i go through the same exact thing from a feeling of like anxiety in my stomache and bloated feeling with heart palps and even left arm and shoulder pain and sometimes a vertigo loss of balance kind of feeling i have $25,000 in hospital bills from thinking i was having heart attack ,its so hard to deal with because all i'm ever told is its probably anxiety but i know its something else, i feel like it has to do with my stomache i've even had a catscan done where they find nothing unusual,this thing has ruined my life but i have know idea what it is i'm experiencung the symptoms right now,its so scary well goodluck

All of these posts have related to me by exact detail. I'm now 20 years old and have been experiencing these same symptoms for over 2 years now. I first thought it was marijuana that was causing it because when I smoked it increased these symptoms and soon scared me so much to the point that I quit. I hear and feel my heartbeat racing constantly. I've been through so many different procedures, blood work, and tests and still no answers. I'm also at wits end and feel like giving up, the anxiety this has put on me has been driving me up the wall and is getting to the point I'm scared to even get up. Just curious... If anyone in the past posts had anything else in common with each other... The only thing I have left to give up is smokeless tobacco and I'm even working on quitting it now. I'd give anything to just feel normal and back to good health! Anyone that has any answers, please let me know what I can do to end this nightmare. It's taken over my life and caused me so much pain and anxiety! ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I have had the same issues as you are talking about for over a year now. No one is too young for a hernia. My son had the same issues but alot worse. He ended up have fundoplication and it fixed everything. As for me I have done every test know to man for GI problems. Hida scan, telemetry test. PH valve test 3 stomach scopes, colon scope, H Pilori treatment, everything you can imagine. I finally had the hernia repaired with the same procedure my son had. Nissin Fundoplication. It helped with the feeling of my stomach sitting on my chest, but I still have alot of daily pain in my stomach with constant churning stomach. Food is no longer my friend. I have taken every PPI, IBS meds and everything you can imagine. Nothing seems to work. I go back to my GI dr next week, but I am losing faith in the medical profession now days. I live in Houston and we have the very best doctors in the US and no one can seem to figure it out. I do know that a hiatus hernia can cause alot of these symptoms, but mine has been repaired, but very little relief. I hope you all find out what is wrong and share with us what your help is. Good luck...

did anyone get answers ???

i have had a hiatal hernia for many many yeras now..after having 3 kids, i believe is what caused it, the pressure on my diaphram, and also have acid reflux and gerd..been thru every acid reflux pill, and now am on generic omeperazole, 20mg..within the last couple months, i have been having horrible heart palps that drive me nuts, sometimes they are worse, sometimes not bad..my doc thought it was from me trying to wean myself off my pain meds, nucynta, which is a narcotic, but i have been taking tramadols to help with the withdrawals that she thinks they are..i never had this trouble with the heart palps until i started taking the nucyntas i believe, and i am going thru menopause also, so i have hot flashes that will make the heart palps worse also..and i used to notice my acid reflux would always be worse at that time of the month when i used to have my period, so i know some of it is hormone related..i don't drink, i don't drink pop, i don't drink alot of coffee, i have switched to the half caff and have 1 cup  in the morning..along with the palps, which are worse when i lean on my back, sitting up or lying down, now i am having stomach issues, i have felt nausea, and alot of bloating and fullness feeling, today i felt like my stomach was pushing up into my chest! i didn't even want to eat or drink anything! i don't have a doc appt until nov 14th, so i will be asking alot and telling her alot because i cannot deal with this, its driving me insane! i try to take things for menopause and hot flashes, i take supplements..i have tried to narrow it down to things, but i have taken the same things for a long time now and never had issues before, so we shall see what happens..i don't like my dotor, so that doesn't help..i wish everyone else luck, i live in NYS, so its hard to get anything doen with this hernia, as no one around here really does surgery on them...please feel free to reply if you have any other suggestions or answers..thank u!

i have had a hiatal hernia for many many years now..after having 3 kids, i believe is what caused it, the pressure on my diaphram, and also have acid reflux and gerd..been thru every acid reflux pill, and now am on generic omeperazole, 20mg..within the last couple months, i have been having horrible heart palps that drive me nuts, sometimes they are worse, sometimes not bad..my doc thought it was from me trying to wean myself off my pain meds, nucynta, which is a narcotic, but i have been taking tramadols to help with the withdrawals that she thinks they are..i never had this trouble with the heart palps until i started taking the nucyntas i believe, and i am going thru menopause also, so i have hot flashes that will make the heart palps worse also..and i used to notice my acid reflux would always be worse at that time of the month when i used to have my period, so i know some of it is hormone related..i don't drink, i don't drink pop, i don't drink alot of coffee, i have switched to the half caff and have 1 cup  in the morning, i don't eat greasy foods or anything that would irritate it, my diet is no different than what it has been for a long time, i sometimes don't eat much at all! but yet i don't lose wieght very easily either, i have lost almost 50 lbs in the last couple yeras, so i have lost and they say it helps to lose if you have a hernia, but it dosn't seem like it has helped..i do try to push it down myself, my chiropractor used to do it for me, so maybe i should ask her again..i am hoping to have a scope done again, i haven't had 1 in quite a few years, but haven't had trouble eiether, until now...very frustrating!!..along with the palps, which are worse when i lean on my back, sitting up or lying down, now i am having stomach issues, i have felt nausea, and alot of bloating and fullness feeling, today i felt like my stomach was pushing up into my chest! i didn't even want to eat or drink anything! i don't have a doc appt until nov 14th, so i will be asking alot and telling her alot because i cannot deal with this, its driving me insane! i try to take things for menopause and hot flashes, i take supplements..i have tried to narrow it down to things, but i have taken the same things for a long time now and never had issues before, so we shall see what happens..i don't like my dotor, so that doesn't help..i wish everyone else luck, i live in NYS, so its hard to get anything doen with this hernia, as no one around here really does surgery on them...please feel free to reply if you have any other suggestions or answers..thank u!

I have had two Nissin Fundoplications.....i still have real regular palps....but after having my second surgery, i was told the first doctor severed my vagus nerve...which also regulates heart rate....i was as sick or sicker after the surgery than i was before....been a hard ride too...i feel for all of you ...it can be a little frightening...