I have pain in my left side of my back in the bottom of my ribs and on the right side. It causes pain into the front left side of my abdomen when I am sitting back on the couch. I would like to hear your opinion what does make the abdomen pain left flank pain extremely worse. I have also tenderness located in my back left side at the bottom part of my ribs. Did anyone experienced something similar, to tell me opinion about abdomen and flank soreness?

It is tough to say without examination, so you should understand that beside doctor’s exam it is not sure anything. With the CT scan being non-revealing, that is a comforting measure to evaluate what could be you problem. Other things that can cause left upper quadrant tenderness in abdomen and flank soreness would be the various forms of dyspepsia. That is for example an ulcer, GERD or inflammation of the upper digestive tract, as well as pancreatic disease. I would consider an upper GI series or upper endoscopy, to evaluate further the upper GI tract. A Helicobacter Pylori test can be done to evaluate for a bacteria associated with inflammation or an ulcer. This could also cause abdomen and flank soreness sometimes, so you need to be checked for this too. To evaluate the pancreas, the CT scan is a good start, which I could definitely recommend you. You can also consider blood tests to evaluate the pancreatic enzymes, such as amylase and lipase. I would discuss these options with your personal physician or in conjunction with a GI evaluation, but follow up with your personal physician is essential.

Hi there, is your soreness in your ribs at all? Have you had your spleen looked at? Blood tests for sure to see what is going on. I too am going to have to go. I thought it was bone related called Costochondritis. But this happens to be more bothersome while exercising. I recommend you go to the postings about lower rib pain and read some postings there. It helped me.

Best wishes, keep us informed please,
Eve