I have a very sharp throbbing pain thats onset is random and located above the bone located behind my left ear. It comes and throbs a few times then goes away. I have no idea what it could be from-does anyone have any ideas? I am completely healthy and 22 years old.

Thanks

I to have had this problem only I get it on both sides and stops me in my tracks when it happens. I have looked on the internet and found that they are called Ice Pick headaches (hense the stabbing pain). Unfortunately no one seems to know what cause's them but at least you know your not the only one. I have found that 600 mg of Advil (3 pills) will alleviate the pain. Hope this helps!

Hello there,

With so little information that you have provided I think that no one can really say what is wrong with you. Drinking painkillers is not a good solution when you think about it. Also this pain can be consequence of various conditions but you need to do certain tests to find out what is really bothering you.

So, if this pain doesn’t go away visit your doctor as soon as possible and do the tests he thinks you should. Maybe he will direct you to the neurologist as well, but since you are so young this is unlikely.

Anyhow, I hope that you will resolve problem with the pain you have been experiencing. Let us know what was the diagnosis and good luck.