For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing sharp sudden shooting pains in the back left side of my head, the pain is very quick and it really hurts, it stops me dead in my tracks.  After the pain occurs I get a tingling sensation in my left shoulder, any ideas of what this may be a cause of?

Thanks!!

hi,
i have been suffering from this problem for 2 months...yeah it does kills you..i took panadol but it didnt give me any relief ..i get this type of shooting pains from the moment i get up till the moment i sleep its like somone is banging your head =S it feels terrible but i am unable to figure what it is..even good sleep isnt recovering it ..my vision is poor but i do wear glasses so that is not the cause i guess and after reading all those creepy suggestions on internet i am really scared ... =/ and most shocking thing i am just 15 !! and i am really worried.. well i just hope you get well soon and find out what is the cause.. and if you do i would like to know it too...thanks=] and takecare =]..

I am having the same thing happen! I am so worried! HELP!

its not bad dnt panic i suffer all these pains plus a lot mre i have pain all over my body now to whr it started in the head and moved it way down. cud be one of 2 things arthritis in the neck or slip disk. im taking amtripalyne for the pain and declfenac for the swelling if you havent yet got the burining feeling be prepared u think this is bad waittill u get that. do u get stiff neck stiff shoulder muscle spazams, and when moving neck rice crispy poping cracking noise some times. there are   a lot mre  symptoms but to many to write down so email me if  u get any of the above  my pain as taken me to the point of  topping my self. the only thing tht has stopped me is my little boy. im 21 m