I guess it is normal that all women feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen before or during menstruation. I have those problems too, but I want to know more about it. What causes pain in lower abdomen and how to identify right diagnosis? I would like to know types of pain, according to what causes it. Also, how the doctor would treat some of conditions.

It is well know that almost every woman feel some kind of discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen below the navel from time to time. For example, the most common period this pain occurs is before or during menstruation. Then we talk about menstrual pain and cramps, but there are more causes of lower abdominal pain, beside menstrual. In many cases it might be difficult to identify cause of the pain. Nothing certain features will help you and your doctor come to a likely diagnosis. The most common causes are urinary system disorder. Some of those are bladder or kidney problem, a bowel problem or a condition involving the reproductive system, such as uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries. Acute and sudden lower abdominal pains are always worrying but chronic can also have serious implications and a doctor should be consulted. He will ask you about periods, passing of urine and bowel movements. He might also ask if there have been episodes or nausea, vomiting, or fever. Then, he might ask questions concerning the person’s emotional life-family, friends, work, and sex life, and then examine you.