I am a 27 years old woman. I am trying to conceive over a year. Now I have a problem. I have found out that I suffer from thyroid disorder. I am scared that I could not have a baby. My thyroid is overactive so I have hyperthyroidism. Is there something I should now?

It is serious. If your hyperthyroidism influence on your menstrual cycle there is possibility that you can not stay pregnant. Also if it is treated inadequately there is chance to get placental abruption or preeclampsia. Inadequate treatment of hyperthyroidism could trigger brain damage of your baby in the first trimester. It is imperative to consult with your doctor.

Depending on your form of hyperthyroidism (Graves' Disease being one of the most common). It can cause a lot of problems with your cycle. It is extremely important to have the thyroid problem under control before you get pregnant because of complications. Also a good thing is that often when the thyroid is taken care of a lot of women get pregnant.

I have been living with Hyperthyroidism for 12 years now that has cause
me to now have atrial fib. there is a goater in my throat if removed will the afib go back to normal? I have not had a period for 5 months and had several pregnancy test done to confirm I am not pregnant I don't know what else to do ?