HI, this is my first pregnancy and I am very nervous. I am tree weeks pregnant and I am feeling lower abdominal pain, especially when I cough. I was wondering if this is a normal symptom in the early pregnancy. Please tell me what could cause this pain and what can I do to relieve it?

I know exactly how you feel. When I was pregnant I was also very nervous, everything was new to me. And like you, I had the same annoying lower abdominal pain and cramping. I suppose that you already had an ultrasound and that ectopic pregnancy is ruled out. If yours abdominal pain is followed by other symptoms like fever, spotting or bleeding you should see a doctor right away, since something serious might be going on. In any other case your pain is a sign of your uterus growing and ligament stretching and that is no reason for concern. I have noticed that the pain went away when I lay down and rest for a while. You should try this"recipe".