Ok, I really do not know what to do, I was on Norco for nerve damage for 2 years, I got into Methadone not by a drs care, cause the Norco was not helping for pain, and the drs thought that I was just a drug addict. Well I guess now I am. I do not abuse them, (meaning I dont take more than what relieve the pain) but I am seriously addicted. I can not stop taking them. I talked with serveral behavioral health place, and such regarding the addiction. My main concern is that my dr does not know I am taking it, and I am scared of telling him. However, I cant live with the pain, period. I would rather die than to live with the pain, and I have tried everything else, besides opiates and nothing works, Actually the methadone is the only thing that has ever took the pain away completly. So I do not know what to do. Are there chronic pain patients that have to take the stuff for the rest of therelife or what. Please someone help,

Hi there, I was on 180 vicodon a year ago and I have a chronic pain disease. I not only got addicted to them but I also got immune to them. Is methadon a pain killer? There are other things out there that are not addictive. Do you have a chronic pain disorder? The pain pills made me mean, gain weight, and crazy. My poor children and body took the toll. Talk to someone. Dont do that to yourself. It's a big hole that sucks you in. I believe in you to pull out of it; if you wrote to us, then thats the first step in helping yourself. Good luck.