Hi, I’m 37 and have experienced a painful inflamed area in my armpit. This lasts for years and it happens right around my period. I even had a mammogram 6 months ago which came out negative – I was told not to worry... But, recently it is swollen much more and very painful… What worries me even more is that it is not going away!!! I am very scared. Please, is there anyone who can help me?? I really don’t know what to do!!!

Since you’ve mentioned that it occurs only during your period (and around it) it is not likely it is anything too serious (like cancer or similar). You see, during your period, your body is going through many changes (each and every time). I believe that you have trouble with lymph node. You should have that checked out, but be sure to take all tests when it happens – not before or afterward. It is possible that you experience lymph canal suffocation of some kind during period which causes lymph node to swell.

Twice in my life I have had a "swollen gland" turn out to be a zit...doctors call them sebaceous cysts. It's definitely NOT reccomended, but I squeezed them (it was quite painful to do) and tons of white stuff came out....SQUEEZING THEM WILL PUT YOU AT SIGNIFICANT RISK FOR INFECTION. These can happen in your armpits and groin area. See a Doctor about getting it drained.

Hello Kelsy

not sure if you still have lump, but just to let u know i suffed from this in both groin area and armpit and at first i have these lumps removed from doctor... they were just malenoma fatty tissue... after discussing this with both my brother and sister who i also found out they experienced the same thing... i futher investigated the cause... i went to a chinese herbalist who explained that i got these bumps from too much heat trapped in my body from spicy foods... he gave me some herbs and in 1 week they had completely vanished... less painful than surgory... thats why i share this with you because it worked for my whole family...

I recently had one really painful one under my left armpit. Did some research and decided to stop using anti-perspirant deoderant. After a week it has virtually vanished.

:-D

I too recently started experiencing painful lumps that appear (following blisters) in my underarms, right when my period starts. DOctors linked it to a staph infection, and I had been treated with antibiotics after several repeat cases. They helped, the lump(s) went away, but then right back at the start of my period, they came back again. I am quite frustrated myself.

My fiance starting getting a lump under his armpit about two years ago. He gets it randomly and he said it's really painful. After asking the doctor and doing some investigating, we found out it was a boil. There are home-remedies for boils (hot wash cloths, waterproof tape for two weeks, etc...). There are also ointments to take away the pain of boils while they are healing. Don't know if this is what you have, but it sounds quite similar to what my fiance was experiencing.

could it be an ingrown hair that coincidentally grew in the time of your period?

I had this happen to me. It got bigger and bigger and more painful than ever. It ended up being sort of a cist like swollen and infected gland. some deodorants clog up your sweat glands and it is scary. you need to go to pharmacy and buy this over the counter product called Ichthamol. It looks like tar and is very messy so also buy those big gause patches and some sort of tape to keep them on. you will be putting this stuff on and cleaning it often, but what the stuff does is draw the green - yes green and probably bloody puss stuff out! Its really gross but you will feel so much better.

Back in 2003, I had a large painful lump about the size of a nickel under my left armpit. Went to the University Health Services and they told me it was a swollen lymph node and it was nothing to worry about. However, 2 months later veins starting popping out in the surrounding area, and within about 30 minutes of seeing a specialist they determined it was a blood clot. So sometimes these lumps CAN BE something to worry about.

im at this page because i am having the sam problem..i got one of these lumps a few months ago and the doctor told me it was my lymph node and after about 2 weeks it went away. now i have 3 or 4 under both armpits that all popped up at the same time (an extremely painful situation). after reading these, i have realized i got them right at the beginning of my period and now that it has ended they are less painful. i wouldnt look into it too much. probably just a minor infection that will heal on its own :-)

I am a 51 yo male and I had my first painful lump a few months ago. It did go away but last week I got 3 very painful ones under my right arm and 2 under my left arm.  I am taking meds for an infection hoping that is the cause but still have them after a week of meds....men get these too.

Hi I'm only eleven almost twelve years old and I've been getting these big bumps on my underarms the hurt like heck and are bleeding and iching but there's also some whitish yellow stuff coming out to I'm scared I've had them for a week and they just won't go away i asked my mom what they were and she said razor burn and that it will be gone within a week well it's been a little bit more than a week and there still here hurting as much as ever. I need help I can't sleep at night it hurts so much. What should I do I'm really scared and I can't take much longer what should I do and what are they( in the words of someone my age can understand) please help me they really do hurt.

Samantha, put on some hot washcloths over and over they're probably boils, If they persist after 2 days tell you rmom to take you to a dr.

Thanks I went to the doctor a few weeks ago cause it started bursting blood and puss randomly I also felt kinda light headed I went to the doctor and they looked at it and it turned out I have MRSA I've been taking medicine and this cream stuff and it's almost gone now. And it never hurts anymore. I went to the museum of science and industry and I was looking at stuffed germs and my mom found a MRSA one and was like hey Samantha u should get this one. I didn't though it was kinda gross having a stuffed animal of the disease I have. I got the stuffed common cold instead.