IT STARTED LIKE A SWOLEN NODE. I HAD JUST 1 SPOT THEN IT WAS TWO NOW ITS 5 IN THE PAST 3 DAYS. 1 OF THE PIMPLES HAD PUS LIKE A PIMPLE. I POPED IT THEN WASHED WITH PEROXIDE. NOW IN THE PAST 5 HOURS I NOW HAVE SEVEN. THEY HURT SO BAD I CAN BARELY LIFT MY ARM AND WHEN I FLEX MY CHEST IT IS EXREMLY PAINFUL. ANY ADVICE OTHER THAN GOING TO THE HOSPITAL. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS

Well, you better see a doc. It could be some kind of an infection and you may need antibiotics for the bumps to go away. It happened to my friend once and she needed a surgeon to fix things. Don't postpone a doc's appointment.

I get them. antibiotics dont help or the creams...

I hate to pain to specially when it right in the middle of your back, I get the hard to breath ones too...

Doctor said it was blocked sweat glands.

get natural deodrent like power or crystals...

I went to the chemist found a special ointment made from honey.. in 2day it all cleared up and took the old scars way too it drew all the c**p out and healed em up.

so techqinally anything that stops the sweat or blocks the glan is bad.

Hi, you should definately get your pits checked out, but I get similar cysts in mine and the best thing I've found is vitamin E. You just buy a bottle of vitamin E tablets. Break one open and put the oil on your sore. Do that three times a day and it should go away or burst (gross but such a relief) on its own. Good luck.

what kind of ointment did you use can you tell me the name of it and where to get it

I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is a condition of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean and folliculitis.

When I first got them they showed up right under my armpit. I figured it was a pimple and tried to pop it. That just ticked it off and it got bright red and swelled to the size of a grape and it was very painful. I kept getting them and they left scars. Then I developed them in my groin area (inner thighs and crotch to be specific), across my stomach where the waistband of my pants rubbed, and my butt crack. When I got one it would last for about a month. They never developed a head like a pimple. They just swelled, made the skin red and shiny, and hurt like hell.

I started getting them in college and went threw a slew of different meds before anyone finally figured it out. My first doctor (actually, he was an FNP) confidently told me that it was folliculitis and prescribed antibiotics. When that didn't work he tried a different antibiotic and then another. He was stumped when those didn't work, so he made me get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. When that was negative he told me that he just took antibiotics all the time for "weird bumps and skin thingies." I decided he was an id**t and decided to handle them on my own.

I noticed that the places they popped up seemed to be related to friction - where the band of my bra rubbed under my armpits, where the waistband of my pants rubbed my stomach, and in my groin area where my thighs rubbed together. Since trying to squeeze them just left me with a lot of scars, I decided to try a different approach. I tried to keep the skin in those areas as gently as the skin on my face. I washed with gentle cleansers, lightly exfoliated once a week, and used Cetaphil moisturizer. When one of the mystery bumps appeared I washed it and put some Neosporin and a Band-Aid on it. That did a good job of keeping them from getting worse. No matter how tempted you are to poke at the bumps, clean them up, put a bandage on them, and then keep your paws off. I tried the natural crystal deodorant and it was a joke. My pits stank, I still sweated like crazy, and my bumps didn't go away.

I couldn't help but thinking I had some exotic illness like the bubonic plague, since it caused buboes in the armpits. I did some searching on the internet and decided they were boils and not pimples after all. My mother swore it was a staph infection and that it had spread throughout my body because I'd tried to pop the bumps in my armpits. Since I had started to develop the bumps when I put on the "freshman fifteen" pounds (and then some), I decided that they had to be due to obesity.

Finally, I got out of college, got a good job with excellent health insurance and went to a dermatologist. I explained how I'd been diagnosed with folliculitis, ingrown hairs, etc. and still kept getting them. He took one look and then explained that we have sweat glands in our armpits that secrete plain sweat and some that secrete sweat with pheromones in it. He said the glands that produced the pheromones were getting plugged up. I had been on oral contraceptives for years, so he asked if I'd be OK with switching to Yasmin. He said that it was supposed to have "some natural kinda stuff" in it that women with skin issues had been having luck with. I tried it and after about 6 months I saw improvement.

At that time I changed a lot of things in my life. In addition to taking Yasmin, I had a lot less stress than I had in the previous years. I started eating a healthy diet and lost 60 pounds. Any or all of those things could have contributed to the improvement in my condition. I've only had a few tiny bumps near my belly button in the last 4 years.

If you have this condition, you NEED to read this posting I saw on Yahoo. I wish this information had been available when I was going through trying to get my condition diagnosed:

"This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.
Here is a link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa.
If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC. Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer. I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don’t have to wait as long as I did."

Good luck.

***

**edited by moderator**

Thank you so much for all the information. I am positive that this is what I have! I thought that maybe I had Lymphoma or something of that nature because the swelling gets so bad that it appears to be as deep as the lymph nodes but now I know that your answer is right! Thank you!!!!

I recently had a similar condition - a large, very painful node in my left armpit - it felt like a painful pimple, and over the next week it grew. Another week later, one on my right armpit appeared and started to grow. I was scared. This forum helped. I believe I had Hidradenitis Suppurativa.

I stopped using deodorant altogether, and I started continually dusting my armpits with Goldbond powder. It almost immediately took away the friction pain, and over the next 4 weeks the nodes shrank until they were gone. I started using deodorant 4 days ago, and have not noticed any new developments from the nodes. This procedure worked very well for me.

well this is all really upsetting and confusing because like four months ago i had one in my armpit and now i have another one right next to where the other popped up and i dont know what to do cause it is all really confusing i dont understand this stufff... %-) :-( T_T

Thank you so much. My daughter had this about a year ago. It has now come back. Originally the dermatologist said it was from using a scrungie when she bathed and it was a staph infection. She hasn't used them and now it is back. Thank you so much for your help!!

I have this same thing and I have had it for 4 years. And the doctor finally found out what it is I have MRSA in my bloodstream and that is what is causing the numerous cysts and pimple like spots. I have had numerous of these absests cut open BY A PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR. And they always come back. They have gave me antibiotics called bactrim and kefelexen but they always come back bc it is in my bloodstream. This is why I have the bumps but yes you should get it checked out hun!!!!! And trust me I know they hurt I have like 10 on my left armpit and 7 on my left.

I am a 41 year old female and I have been having cysts under my arms and my viginal area since i was 18 I have had more then 50 removed it is not all that bad to have them removed but the pain is having them in the first place. Mine start out as pea size and withing 2-3 day are the size of big gum balls i go to dr and i have them cut open and drained dr puts a wick in and covers with a gause pad and they heal up by themselves, my dr says mine come from sweating in instead of sweating out, i dont ware bras or underware because of the friction and i dont drink alot of caffine i dont drink soda and i only have 1-3 cups of tea a week so i know its not that i have been smoking since i was 11 and cysts did not start till i was 18 so i know its not from smoking i stoped using deodorant and antipersperant years ago and i still get them i clean and dry my arm pits and viginal area all the time and that doesnt work dr said he could take out my lympnoids and sweat glands but that will not garentee they will stop so i guess that means i will deal with them the way they are, i am so use to them and my dr is so gentel that now when i have them out he is done before i even know it, it use to be real painful to have them out but now i have a real good dr and he is so gental i hve never had to stay in hospital he does right in procedure room at his office only takes about 15-20 mins. In month of Feb I had 3 removed in 3 weeks yes it was painful but only till i had them removed then i felt much better.

so I woke up this morning and about 15 minutes later I realized that my arm pit was very sore. I assumed that it was a pimple and had my mother attempt to pop it. when she did that only a very small amount of puss came out and it quickly grew too about three times it's original size. so she had my put a hot rag on it and then about 30 minutes later switch to a heating pad. my arm pit is now extremely sore it hurts to move it at all and it's about the size of a grape. I told my mom that if it did not go away within a few days SHE HAS TO TAKE ME TO THE DOCTORS!!!. but after reading this I will be having her make me a doctors appointment ASAP. thanks so much for all the info at least now I have some what of an idea of what this could be.

tee tree oil helps alot

i have these for months and when i used tee tree oil they went away instantly i hope it works for you