Hi! Four days ago I woke up with a large bump under my armpit that hurts real bad. It is actually pain that made me realize I had the bump. It looks like puss filled cyst and I can hardly move my arm. At first I thought it would go away but I stated to worry since it is not leaving. Is there anything I should apply to it in order to get rid of it or do I need to see a doc?

Hi! I had this as well. It just suddenly developed and I couldn’t move my arm at all, I had to skip aerobic classes because of it. My mom made me see a surgeon because she said I may have to have it removed or drained. I really freaked out. However, I was only given antibiotics and it subsided after a few days. I think it was infected hair follicle. The doc said that he would drain it if the antibiotics didn’t work. Luckily they did. It is best you saw a doctor to determine what it really is and get rid of it on time.

I had the same thing come up about 5 months ago. Never had this before, went to Dr. and he told me it is Strep Skin Infection. He says you get it from shaving and if you have an open nick then bacteria enters there. Well five bumps later, very painful, but have not shaved underarm so it can not be from shaving. And believe me I HATE being scared to shave my underarm!! I would love to find out what causes this because mine gets so big I cant even move my arm. Weird thing is I get it in my left arm but never my right.

thats bizarre because i get them on my left under arm too i have no clue what its from i would love to find out