Hello! My name is Marissa and I am 24 years old. I am very afraid because of a problem which I have. Namely, I have noticed swollen lymph nodes in armpit with a red rash. I can tell you that when I touch them I feel pain. Can you tell me what caused this? I hope that it is nothing serious… Thank you in advance!

Hello! I can tell you that your problem is probably caused by ingrown hair. This can be caused because of shaving and there is nothing to worry about. But, if you notice that these swollen lymph nodes start to grow and they become more painful, then you will need to visit your doctor and do some tests. I do not want to frighten you, but this problem can be caused because of breast cancer, too.

Hi there,
You have to understand that lymph nodes tend to swell if you are experiencing some kind of an infection. Infection can be viral, fungal or bacterial. Your lymph node swelling under your armpit is telling me that you have an infection there and the red rash might even indicate some sort of allergic reaction. Allergy can also make your lymph nodes swell. Do you know if you have any allergies? Do you know why do you have a red rash? This can easily be from some kind of skin irritation as well. Also an ingrown hair is a possibility. Do you use any medication for the rash? This usually doesn’t last too long if the treatment is right.

I'm a 52 year old man and I noticed the past week under both my arms I have big rashes and noticed that the lymph nodes under my left arm is swelling to trying to look up what it's caused by it's got to be some kind of infection have to see a doctor to find out has nothing to do with ingrown hairs or anything like that it's a body trying to fight off something it's the something is the big question