Hi

Last week I found a small painful red lump in my armpit - size of a small peanut. A few days later I went to the doctor and he said that it was a cyst and gave me antibiotics to take for a week.

After two it was starting to get bigger and they was a lot of swelling around the lump which was very painful but not red. I went back to the doctors and another GP stated that to double the antibiotics and he said that i would need to go to hospital in a few days for it to be drained by cutting it open. - unhappy with this diagnosis I saw another doctor at the hospital who said that it had not gone to 'fruit' and there was still hope the antibiotics would clear the cyst and infection. And that the swelling was the lymph nodes battling the infection in my body.

Now a few days later, the peanut red lump has flattened, (still a pinkish mark where it was ) but the armpit it still very swollen, lumpy and painful. Is this just the lymph nodes or could the cyst have moved?

I also had a cyst in my armpit. I went to my doctor and she gave me antibiotics and told me to come back in 7 days. The antibiotics made it go down but did not clear it up totally. The antibiotics made it go down, but did not clear it up entirely. They did stop it from hurting.
I went back to the doctor today and now I have a appointment in two weeks to have it removed with surgery. And my doctor said that the pathologist will look at it to see if it is my lymph node, cancer, etc.

Last november i had a cyst in my armpit and since i go to a natural doctor she didnt give me any antibiotics but told me to put a warm compress on it. That made it confortable only for the time it lasted. She said if it got worse i would have it lanced. About 4 days later it got REALLY worse. I was in a big amount of pain and we went to the emergency room. The surgery team can in and said they would admit me to the hospital and i would have surgery right away in the morning. I had surgery and they drained it [they dont put stitches in] and i stayed until about 8 at night. The surgery went well and i had to clean it out. I wasnt in much pain but i was drugged up :-P all went well until just today. I have another one forming and i know the pain. It HURTS. Im going to the doctor to get it checked out, and am probably gonna have to get surgery again.

the only down parts is the pain, and the icky hospital food :-(

good luck!

i hate a cyst in my armpit and im really scared to get it surgically removed cause i hate pain, so i was just wondering how do they do it?

I have a cyst under my armpit, I seem to get this large swelling bump that is very soft and painful when touched when I catch a cold or am getting sick. The cyst hurts so much that I force the puss to come out and drain the cyst my self with compressed force using a towl or pad. VERY VERY PAINFULL.

Do any of you get this bump when you are sick/

I'm lying in bed as we speak recovering from a double cyst removal in my right armpit and 3 benign tumors being removed from my left breast. My breast is virtually pain free but oh my gosh my armpit is killing me, apparently the doc was really rummaging around for one of the cysts as it went from conker size to tiny pea size i'm thinkin its all the rumaging thats caused my pain to be so severe. I also asked the doc if thats it now, no more cysts and they said they could come back anytime, neither of them wud of been related same with breast lumps too. It's been a very traumatic time and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. X

I have a lump on my left armpit, right around where the lymph node should be. Its not red, but its painful... its like a round knot, probably dime sized in width. I go to see my doctor Friday, but I'm hoping it isn't too serious.

I really feel for the woman who had the double cysts/benign tumor removal. You're in my prayers! just had a lump removed under each underarm in a surgical procedure. It is a bit painful but I'm happy I didn't delay much longer. I had one big bump under my right arm. It wasn't very painful, but it just looked freaky. I knew something wasn't right about it. My doctor had given me antibiotics and they hadn't done anything. And then as I visited the surgeon for the first time, I felt another one under my other arm. He recommended surgery for both. The surgery was pretty straightforward but I wish I had known that I wouldn't be allowed to drive the following day. I'm waiting to hear the results but the doctor says I should be fine. My underarm with the big cyst is uncomfortable but day by day I'm hoping it's getting better.

Hey All,
I have been getting cysts underneath my arms since 2006 and no antibiotics or drainage has ever helped. Im sick of they coming back and telling me oh its a part acne come on and lets take accutane. Im done with drugs and drainage. Im now left with scars and pain. Im self conscious because of these things. My home remdy for these things are go in a hot tub and soak for not even 10 mintues and it will come to a head. Everyday i get these strong pains underneath my arms that are sharp i cant even where a bra at times. I hate DMS. Any suggestions or comments email me at _[removed]_

My boyfriend had one on the side of his chin that bothered him. He had it removed and said that they do sick a small needle in to numb the area but it didn't hurt. He said if anything is was kind of uncomfortable but it was a reliefe b/c it no longer hurt, so a good short pain. They cut his out in surgery which was a very short visit and he said he experienced no pain and didn't need anything for it afterwards. He has a very small scar which will usually happen due to the incision they make to remove the cyst but over all if it bothers you that much I say do it!

Hey im 18 and recently i went to 3 doctors 1 told me it was a swollen lymph node and it was true as this suggested on the ultrasound did.
however thre lump started to swell , so my parents decided to send me to another doc. he told me that it was a cycst blocking the lymph node and gave me an injection andf prescribed some antiobitics and other tables.
now the lump or boil i dont know which, has burst and i see pus,blood and something looked like clooged meat coming out. is this normal?????????????
help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a double cyst removal and they had to get preety deep. It was deep enough to put me under general. I woke up and was ok for a few days. Had a preety big hollow space under my arm sealed in stiches.

Then the infection came back. The stiches had to be removed, drained and had to get stuffing placed and removed every day for 2 weeks. Now I am facing surgery again next week to remove another 4cm of tissue.

If you suspect a cyst DO NOT HESITATE! get to a good doctor and get it fixed quick. I waited because I was on a 3 week business trip and it ened up going from simple lancing to surgery and a huge hollow space under my arm.

My experince is like this. About a year ago while on a extended business trip I got a sore red lump under my arm. It was quite deep and I couldn’t get it to come to the surface to drain it. After several days in the trip it subsided so I refrained from going to the doctor until I got home. On my return trip the pain was bad and the red swollen lump became larger than before. When I got home I went to the doctor and he lanced and drained it. It left a hole under my arm where the infection tracked down into the tissue.

The doctor stuffed it with medicated dressings, trying to let the would heal from the inside out. Well it didn't work because he never removed the actual cyst, just drained it. The infection came back again and this time I went to a surgeon who did proper testing and examination. I went into surgery and had a large piece of tissue removed from under my arm leaving a scar about an inch long. That as the easy part. The hard part was the 2 months of treatment as the hole left from the surgery had to grow from the inside out, then stitches and staples (Which ripped out twice) and being unable to exercise for 2 months and putting on about 10 kilos. But as uncomfortable as it all was it worked. The wound sealed and infection (knock on wood) has not come back.

My advice is get a good doctor with experience in this matter, and bite the bullet and get the surgery done.

The first time I got one I thought it was a swollen lymph node, so I went to the doctor. She said it was a cyst, and that it wasn't anything to be too concerned about, and told me to put a warm water compress on it, to "soften" it, and once it was soft I could drain it. I took her advice, and was able to drain it after sticking a small needle in it. Now, 4 months later I'm getting them again, one under each arm. I think it may actually be effected by my caffeine intake, possibly...does anyone else drink a lot of coffee? I also noticed that they first started to appear shortly after getting a tattoo done on my upper arm, which had become infected also, and may have had a staph infection, which someone had mentioned cysts could be related to a type of staph infection...

A couple of years ago I had a Cyst on my right armpit and I would put hot rags on it. It seemed like no matter what I did it still grew so I went to the doctors and they tried to draw some infection out of it but all that came out was blood. So when I got home I took a hot rag and a needle and started to drain it. a couple weeks later I noticed I had gotten a scar from it and realized there was a lump inside my armpit and I kept on getting them. Finally 2 years later I stopped getting them and I have about 5 scars from them.