hi everyone. hoping someone out there could help me. i gave birth to my daughter 6 months ago. my partner and i waited about two months before resuming sex after her birth. however, it is extrememly painful. dosnt matter how lubricated i may be, there just seems to be so much friction and it feels like it tears my skin. everything feels like it has moved down a bit inside. its hard to explain AND SO FRUSTRATING! >;) sometimes its so difficult to get any penetration and we give up. other times (after alot of hard and painful work) we end up having sex, but its just so painful for me and burns so badly that i cannot enjoy it. :'( has anyone whose had a vaginal birth experienced this? im starting to think im alone. (im too embarased to go to a doctor, :$ so thought id ask here first)

I am having the same problem and spoke to an OB/GYN about this. He told me to see my doctor. I haven't gone yet but I will be making an appointment this week because this has been going on for almost a year. I thought this problem would go away on it's own but I am wrong. I know that it's embarrassing but go to your doctor. If they don't help, don't be afraid of second or third opinions.

I am having the same issue. I went to my doctor because i'm not bashful about discussing it...she suggested an estrogen cream which has helped a litle but not well enough that I can have sex. I was told surgery to remove a scar would be the next step, though it has its own issues and may not solve the problem. Definetely talk to your OB. I am pretty frustrated...it's been over 10 months since my baby was born.

Hi there, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. What you have said is what I'm still dealing with now and my baby girl is two tomorrow. I've been to about 4-5 different appointments over the first year with the doctor's but no one understands. :x To me it seems like i need to have reconstruction surgery, that's how different i feel after giving birth. I'm even to afraid to have any more children because of this. I wish there was more information on this topic available to people like us. Hang in there girl! I'm trying to!

been trying to figure out how to leave a message for ages! just dont be afraid ladies, it does seem to be fairly normal. as is ovulation pain, apparently. why dont they teach these thing in school!? good luck and remember, doctors have seen it all and more! lol

hi guys! the same thing happened to me, my baby is 14 months old and sex is still painful. its like a natural contraceptive! i want more kids but obviously this is an issue. i had a forceps birth and feel like they pulled me all out of shape and then stitched me up back to front! also have a scar where catheter went in. use agood lube and dont be shy with your partner, he needs to know how you feel. lol

:$

Hey girl I just had my daughter 3months ago and I am having the exact same problem. It hurts so bad that he cant even get it in(not even a finger! o.O ) I am also very embarrased about asking my doctor bu tI know I need to...Im only 21 and I really need to have sex again XD lol. hang in there ;-)

hi,just reading all your comments feel a bit better now i know other ppl feel the same as i do!!! i really need help cause my boyfriend has said he cant take it any more and wants to leave me!!! ive tried to have sex but i just start crying because its so sore!

Some boyfriend..That's a lot of bs. I wouldn't leave my girl if she was feeling this..I mean..Just tell him, And try to make him think of how bad he would feel if he had to feel that. Maybe that'll make him understand. And like the girls said, Just hang in there. If things get worse, Suck it up and go to your doctor, It's most likely smarter than doing nothing about it. :?

Have any of you heard of manual physical therapy for intercourse pain? A friend of mine told me about Clear Passage Therapies, a physical therapy clinic that helps intercourse pain by reducing scarring and stretching out the tissues in the vagina.

well i understand where all of you are coming from because my child is going on four and i am still having alot of pain during sex. i cant enjoy it or dont want to do it cause it is so paiful. From what i read most of you have had vaginal deliveries.....i had a c-section and i cannot understand why it would hurt me. everytime i go see a doctor they look at me like i am crazy. please help dont know what else to tell them.

aww wowww o.O

i'm shocked .
never thought there would be problems after giving birth.

does it hurt more than the first time u had sex?

hi everyone,
painful sex is what keeps me away from my husband........ honestly it seems like no one understands it, unless they are or have been through it. my baby boy is 16 months, and every time my husband mentions intercourse i get goosebumps all over, i guess it's just a thought of painful intercourse. I'd say, about 60% of time, i end up in tears. I've talk to my OBGYN, but he keep saying "just use more lubrication", should i change doctors? Is there anyone out there that can help us?
I came across this article,
http://www.obgyn.net/pregnancy-birth/pregnancy-birth.asp?page=/pb/cotm/9901/9901
and I'm going to talk to my OBGYN, and i hope that it can help others......

You should definitely not be afraid to speak to your OB/GYN. I had the same problem y'all are describing and found out it is so much more common than I realized! My doctor recommended pelvic floor therapy and its been great! My husband and I are very pleased with the results. Here is the number from the flyer if you're interested: 212-241-7809. Good luck!