i have had kidney problems since i was a small child and had frequent UTI's, kidney infections, yeast infections, etc growing up. my husband and i have been together for 2 years and recently, about 6 months ago, its very painful to have sex. it feels painful especially upon entry but also, frequently during the whole act. i find myself avoiding sex now because it's so uncomfortable. the symptoms are similar to those of a UTI. i have went to the doctor numerous times and they have always said the same thing.. they cant find anything wrong! but its so painful now. and it wasn't painful for the first year we were together. he is on the large size, and lubrication isn't a prob. but the hours following, even the next day, it still hurts and i fee like i have to pee constantly and it burns.
if it's not a UTI, i dont know what to think? the docs say nothings wrong, no STD or anything... does anyone else suffer like this?? =[

I had UTI when i was in junior high and sometime during high i started having the symtoms again after i masterbate. 8-| It's horrible, you don't feel like doing anything and the pain and irritation is alomst unbearable.:'( the only thing that seems to relieve the suffering is listening to music and/ or reading while taking a bath. I haven't checked with the docter yet because i don't have insurance but i am afraid that even if i did he'll say the same thing to me that they said to you. Something is obviously wrong and it is very unforntunate when you have something this debiltating with no answers from people who should have them. I hope verything works out for the both of us.

you should drink lots of water! and maybe azo cranberry pills [i cant take them they upset my stomach!] i mean, its makes the symptoms go away but i know something is wrong with me and it keeps coming back. it's just frustrating

I am suffering from the same types of symptoms. It all started in 2000 when I went to cancun mexico,and had sex with my husband (boyfriend at the time) and had my first UTI. The symptoms never ever got better, and here we are 7 years later. Basically:

I have a pain in my urethra, i cant sit too long or wear jeans because it makes the symptoms worse

I am a slave to drinking, because if I dont drink enough fluids, i suffer with a terrible burning when I do go.

My urethra feels like it spazzes or twitches painfully on occcasion, usually after I urinate or lay down to go to bed.

My bladder feels funny, like its just floating there, and i always know its there.

No one has found any infections since the one from Mexico, though I did see a urologist in 2003 and he put me on Macrobid for 1 year straight. It was the best year of my life because the symptoms actually stopped for about a year. Symptoms returned in December of 2006 after sex. The dr. said it was urethritis from irritation and put me on doxycycline for 1 week. I have had pain ever since.

I tried macrobid and now that is not working and no one knows what this is. It really puts a damper on life, I cant even have sex with my husband because I am afraid of conditions worsening. Sex always is painful, and as a result of one night i suffer for months on end with no improvement.

I thought I was the only one. It is a shame to see how many women suffer silently from these types of problems. Can't someone find a cure for us?

Hello all:

I find some comfort in knowing I am not the only women who suffers with these conditions. I really feel for all of you women!

I, myself am currently suffering with a UTI infection and am taking a combination of antibiotics, azo, cranberry and plenty of water. It has been 11 days so far. I know that is far too long and the symptoms are clearly still here.

I have had a history of uti's after starting my period at the age of 9.
After the age of 16 and becoming sexually active the uti's increased and I ended up getting (PID) pelvic inflammatory disease. There was definately scarring in my follopian tubes and the doctors told me It would be hard to conceive. This news hurt me very bad I've always wanted to be a mother. I began having unprotected sex with 1 person throughout high school. We were finally able to concieve after 4 years.

Since, then I've had 2 more children. the second took 3 years to concieve and my daughter (the surprise) I concieved while on birth control.

Unfortunatley, the UtI's come and go leaving me with pains, tenderness and back aches. And of course the burning, urgency and stinging.

I have exceptional pain in the begining and after sex. It's often hard to urinate or I feel like I have to pee during the whole act. It's also very hard to reach orgasm. I feel like I'll pee or it's just painful and swollen or full feeling!

These new symptoms were semi- diagnosed with (PCS) or (PCD) Pelvic conjestive disorder- A condition of the veins and the opening of valves in the female areas.

I have had std's (3) to be exact. I'm 30 and have only had 4 lovers. It obviously doesn't take but 1 to spread bacteria! lol

I hope this info may help someone else out there with similar discomfort!

many blessings of health & good luck!

Crystel

I know its possible that some women get a uti every time they have sex, so i think that might be what all of you are suffering from... unfortunately i dont know any cures either :-(

I get this sometimes too when I have sex with my boyfriend. However, I just go to the bathroom straight after; though it makes the pain worse, drink lots of water/cranberry juice within a 5-10 minute period after that to make my bladder full again and then go again and it starts to go away. Also I find if the pain lasts longer than usual; advil helps, very hot showers and/or sitting on a heating pad.

For me, I believe it's because the vaginal wall/urethra area tends to be tighter than normal before actual intercourse because of stimulation/arousal so when my boyfriend "enters", so to speak, it hurts after a few thrusts because of it being tighter; so when all is said and done, it's that area contracting to it being forced open/loose.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but this is what I deal with at times.

I think the above post contains a lot of insight and I think it's pretty helpful. Thanks for posting it. Is it all based on personal experience or do you also have a medical background?

I have no insurance either and I have the same problem. It bothers me to no end!!! It's annoying to not be able to be sexual with my boyfriend. I feel this way sometimes before and sometimes after my period aswell. The thing that bugs me more than the pain is the feeling the I need to pee constantly. :-(

Did you see the post above? I thought that it was pretty helpful. Can you check it out and let me know if it works well for you or not?

Hey all, for the last 3 years I've had similar problems, I often feel like i have a UTI and sex is really painful, drinking lots of water and taking panadol and Ural definitely help but the symptoms just come back again. All my urine tests have come back negative for a UTI. I went to see a new Dr. and she had a look and apparently I have dermatitis down there, she gave me a cortisone cream which seemed to work for a while but it just comes back :-( Going to see another doctor tomorrow, I will post anything useful here.

Cass

I just came back from the doctor for these same symptoms. I constantly ran to the bathroom all day. I also got my first pap test..I'm only 17. From the test, my doctor couldn't find anything wrong, not even a UTI. He's assuming it's just from having sex and says it may be just a little bit "bruised".

DRink a cup of cranberry juice (the pure one without sugar mixed w/water )before sex and pee right after sex everytime

I know this is an old thread but to the orginial poster:

I had a similair problem, lots of UTI's which would come back and go away. Then I started feeling differnt types of pain, like deep pain. Almost like cramps but not, this would happen during sex and after, then some burning sensations too. I looked up some of the symptoms and it pointed more towards vaginitis. I knew of a friend who had it that swore by using garlic, a natural antibiotic in its raw form. As weird as it sounds I put a peeled clove of garlic up there before bed, and took it out the next day. I did that for two nights just to make sure. Ever since then I haven't had any problems with the wierd pain. 

To prevent agaisnt UTI's, I usually take a product called cystex, you can get it an walgreens. It's just good prevention, similair to azo or drinking cranberry juice, I take it right after having sex and a few days after. I know I should take it before too but it's not like I plan being in the mood. 

Antibiotics reak havock on your system, I am sorry you all had to go through that. Get some probiotics in there STAT!

I have the samew problem. I have hestitated going to the dr. but now is time. i have had a hysterectomy 15 yrs ago, and was not very active sexually, i have now a b/f, and intercourse is almost impossible. It will be interesting to see what the dr has to say.