I had my IUD removed on Aug 17th and the last week of October was when I had my last period. About a week later I started spotting and it lasted 3 days. Then a few days passed and I started bleeding very heavily. I was bleeding soo heavily that it was going through everything I was using. Then I started noticing the blood clots, they were between the size of a dime and a nickel. Besides the bleeding I was having very sharp pain and cramps. I was told by an OBGYN to take 800 mg ibuporfen every 8 hours this was lastnight. Today the bleeding has gone done alot and the pain isn't that bad but I have a feeling this isn't the end of it. My boyfriend and I are worried but the doctor and nurses are telling us that it is normal. What should we do?

I had my IUD removed last Thursday, April 14, 2011. I asked the nurse what to expect... if I was going to bleed heavily like having a period after birth. She laughed and said no, it should be normal. I don't think so... bc I'm experiencing a lot of what you ladies have written. It's now April 21 and I'm having to change my tampon every 2 hrs. (I was out running errands and I was so embarrassed bc my period started LEAKING down my legs and I hauled ass to the ladies restroom!), heavy blood clots, and now I'm so REGRETTING removing my IUD. Ok... just got off the phone w/ my obgyn... he said it was HORMONES. Other than going to the ER, 2 things could reduce the bleeding: 1: birth control; 2: another IUD. But.. if you have HIGH BLOOD pressure, you cannot take birth control; thus only IUD.

I just had my iud taken out yesterday and I had done very extensive research and have found good and bad parts on each leaving in and taking out. my boyfriend and I have talked for a very long time about trying to conceive a child and we are going to try so thats one of the reasons I took it out I was also wanting to take it out for some pains I was having with it in while having sex and not very bad stomach pains and cramps. also I was getting a lot of UTI's and read many women also had the same issues. Sense I have taken it out there have been very very painful cramps and no bleeding and if on my regular cycle yesterday would have been the day i start ovulating. I would be very happy to be pregnant... this soon well that would be well soon :) did not think it would happen that fast and i am also scared because it does take up to 3 months for your uterus walls to get back to normal and I do not want to miscarry. If anyone has any feed back on anything I have mentioned that would be amazing and maybe I helped in someone elses questions...