I had PVP laser surgery to reduce my prostate two weeks ago, I am 41 years old. I had sex for the first time yesterday and I had sever pain and burning in my penis and in my abdomen which lasted a few hours. The ejaculation was retrograde which is what my doctor told me to expect, but he didn't indicate there mught be so much pain with an orgasm. Does anyone know if the painful part will eventually go away? I would hate to think my sex life is now going to be a painful experience.

I am 11 months out from green light surgery and the retrograde ejacualation seems to cause pain and stress which I believe is primarily in my bladder but seems to radiate through my lower adomen. Unfortunately my experience so far is that it always happens, which is not particularly conducive to wanting sexual relations.

Aren't you supposed to lay off sex for four weeks?

You have a wound site which you're sending into spasm by ejaculating. It's not surprising it hurts.