What is the standard proceedure for a tubaligation after childbirth? Two moms had requested tubaligations after the birth of their children and were told that they must undergo a c-section in order to have this done, otherwise, they would have to return to have it done in six weeks. Why does one have to be placed at such risk in order to have this done when so many women have had this done after vaginal deliveries? Thank you for your prompt response ?

I had my tubes tied the day after I had my daughter. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. If I could do it over again I would wait. I think my body had been through to much with the birth. I have had 2 children and both deliveries were horrible but it didn't compare to the pain I had when I woke up from having my tubes tied.

i had my tubes tied three hours after having my third child. i agree child birth is horribly painful but i also experienced excruciating pain after having my tubes tied only to have another child 22 months later. as if that wasnt enough i started the depo provera shot because i assumed my tubal was unsuccessful and got pregnant again..

xzilia wrote:

What is the standard proceedure for a tubaligation after childbirth? Two moms had requested tubaligations after the birth of their children and were told that they must undergo a c-section in order to have this done, otherwise, they would have to return to have it done in six weeks. Why does one have to be placed at such risk in order to have this done when so many women have had this done after vaginal deliveries? Thank you for your prompt response :?:

Well I had my tubes tide the next morning after giving birth. It was my choice to do it right after or wait six weeks. It was not as bad as ppl make it seems. Just as well as child birth you have to remember that everyone's body is different. No ones pregnacy is the same and im sure that no ones tubaligation is the same either.