PAIN & BAD SWELLING OF MY ARMS & HANDS WHILE TRYING TO SLEEP.. AND I had this going on, for quite a few years now off and on,about 6 yrs.. but the pain & swelling is getting worse then ever, i can't even pick my baby up. And it had moved into my left arm now,, so i wake up crying in pain with both hands & arms..swollen and tingleing they have the pins & needles like they r falling to sleep.at the same time,so swollen i can't close my hands, they are numb but burning and hurting all at the same time.I have to sit up & hang my arms down beside the bed, just to get a bit of releafe. then when its real bad, i have to get up and walk around. hanging & shakeing my arms beside me.. ITS REAL BAD.. i can't even close them enough to take the cover off my babys bottle.. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG WITH ME

Hello necoleh,

Sounds like you have some serious problems and are feeling very uncomfortable about it.  There are so many things that could be causing your pain and swelling.  Clearly, you have some form of inflammation which could be caused by a number of things.  Since you just had a baby, your hormones could be out of balance creating pain and inflammation.  You need to consider your diet and any exercise you may be doing.  I suggest a diet that is rich in leafy green veggies and lean protein sources.  You might try seafood if you like that in small amounts along with kale, spinach, collards and/or turnip greens.  Exercise can help.  If you've just had a baby you might try walking in the morning or afternoon.  Whenver you can to clear up an lag fluid you may have  in the lymphatic system.  When you're walking try swinging your arms in front and back of you while squeezing your hands into a fist.  This will help push lag fluid from the lymphatics back to blood circulation and decrease fluids that have build up in your tissues.  Give it a try for a week or so and see how that works.  Beyond that, you need to see your doctor and have him run what ever tests are necessary to get a proper diagnoses.

I have discovered something that could help many of you and the best part is that you will be just as shocked as I was at what may be causing these symptoms to appear. I too have carpal tunnel syndrome and have suffered severely over the last 35 years with it. Now listen up everyone. CTS is an inflammatory condition as is arthritis and various other painful conditions. Not surprisingly there are certain foods that exacerbate these conditions. Try this and see if it helps you. Take the 30 day challenge of excluding all foods in the nightshade food group ie. Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. And see if your condition improves. Hard to believe? Yes! But my pain has decreased so dramatically in 2 weeks I almost can't believe it. After the 30 days are up try reintroducing them one at a time and see if the pain and swelling return. Also avoid bluebarries and huckleberries since they have alkaloid compounds in them that will cause inflammation too. I hope that everyone that posted here checks back and reads this and tries it. Most of all I hope it helps you as it has me. I only wish that I would have discovered this simple solution, to such a painful problem, many years ago. If it helps you please pass it on to as many other people as you can. Good health to you all. Marvin T.