Since August I've experienced water blisters appearing on my arms and hands. I have sores all over my arms and hands. At first they started in one cluster up near my elbow region. I was stupid and kept scratching, so now that area is rittle (not sure which word to use) with small scars. But that's besides the point...now I'll get a blister here, a blister there, only appearing only on my arms and hands. I believe I need to go see a dermatologist. But in the mean time, I've been searching all over the net for the possible agent that has caused this. I will be getting blood drawn next week to see what I'm allergic to and possibly start on shots. Anyone have the slightest inclination as to what could be causing these random (not so random) water blisters?

I got something similar years ago. I had water blisters appearing at random on my wrists, and hands and elbows in small clusters. I was having an allergic reaction to some type of metal.

shywalker wrote:

jackie154062 wrote:

Is the itching so intense that you can't stop? I would make myself bleed. It started in the inside of my elbow, then to the other side. Next progressed down my arms to my hands. The inner sides of my knees, then my ankles. God, it was horrible. I was convinced I had a blood born infection. Went to my doctor. He took one look at it and told me it was atopic eczema. He gave me a steroid cream for the inflamation (don't go crazy w/this..it can thin your skin) and hydroxyzine to reduce the itch. I have asthma and apparently people w/asthma are more prone to this. Go to your doctor. I suffered with this for 3 months before I went to mine. I started to feel relief after only a day.
Hope this helps.

This could be an atypical presentation of psoriasis. I had a similar problem and following a biopsy it was confirmed to be psoriasis. Your doctor should be able to give a diagnosis as well as some medication. I moved to the coast of the Mediterranean from interior Canada and it has all but disappeared - doctor said this is the only true "cure" otherwise you will likely need topical meds to control it if it is psoriasis.

could be Dermatitis Herpetiformis or celiac

i have this--wasn't concerned, but wasn't sure what it was... i think it's a mild form of this: Dyshidrosis check that out on wikipedia, medical websites, and do a google image search for "Mild Dyshidrosis"...

in most cases, it doesn't seem like it's a big deal, but i figured you and everyone else here might want an answer. i didn't go to a doctor, i simply did a few google searches until i found one that seemed to match, then i read up on it, researched, and i think this is probably it....

I am having same thing water blisters on my hands and wrist area, i also have terrible lesions and itchy skin constantly. I was just hospitalized also and found out i have a non Acoholic fatty liver with research i searched threw it appears this could be the cause of my issues plus other health problems i have. Seeing a hemo doctor very soon!

It could possibly be something called porphyria. Search it on theweb. I am currently going the the.same thing and am being tested for it. It has to do with the enzymes in the liver, there are many different kinds and it is pretty rare.

I have been trying different Drs to see if they can give me a exact cause for I have had this for 8 years now and its frustrating the hell out of me! They said it was a MSRA infection, however it only attacks my hands and arms. I had to abscesses lanced (not fun, specially where they were!) I have tried every anti-biotics known to man, nothing will stop it, goes away for a week or two, but thats it. Its so bad that I am embarrassed to even show my hands and I am a tech, people watch me at the computer and I havent worked much due to this, if you figure this out, let me know!

I only get water blisters on my right hand and above my right arm only What is causing this DR's don't tell me