I get a tingling, numbing and burning sensation in my arms and hands. This usually occurs when I lift my arms, or have them bent at the elbows. This has been going on for a couple of years. My chiropractor thinks that it is a picnched nerve in my neck but no results. I can drop my arms and shake it out when it happens but as soon as I resume the irritating position such as writing or washing dishes for example the numbness just comes back. One day when I was in the Dr. office my hands got so numb that I couldn't feel the pen anymore and someone had to help me write. I need some input as to what might be going on with me.

I have the exact same problem and doctors are having a hard time diagnosing.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I too am having the same problem,when my arms get really tingly i feel nauseous. The doctor thought that i might have carpul tunnel, so she referred me to a physio therapist, during the session, my arm went very tingly, i felt nauseous then nearly passed out, the rest of the day i felt very weak .
I went back to see the doctor and have been referred for blood tests.

Did you manage to pin down what was causing your problems as I seem to be suffering the same symptoms at the moment...

Regards,
TD

Normally they say this is Fibromyalgia or Neuraphaty

Has anyone found a cure to the agonizing burning and pain? Mine has been going on fo yrs. Dr says it could be carpal, another Dr says tennis elbow, yet i feel its a pinched nerve....help
I need answers and the Dr's in Albany NY are clueless and only care about money and moving on to the next patient.
Rebecca :-(

My mother is 65 years old and she is experiencing similar symptoms. For the past couple of years she has been suffering from a hot burning sensation in the palm of her hands accompanied by joint pains in her wrists. In addition, when she sleeps, both hands go numb and produce a tingling sensation. Her doctor claims the symptoms could be as a result of poor blood circulation, however, he couldn't give her an exact diagnosis of the problem or prescribe anything that would help reduce or eliminate the symptoms entirely.

A quick overview of my mother: She smokes around 10-12 cigarettes a day, she doesn't exercise and she suffers from high blood pressure and high cholesterol. To treat her medical conditions her cardiologist prescribed the following medications that she consumes on a daily basis:

Lisinopril 10mg (1 X day) - To treat the high blood pressure problem.
Gemfibrozil 600mg (2 X day)- To treat her high cholesterol problem.

Can someone please help us? I hate to see my mom suffer like this for so many years and not be able to do anything about it.

Thank you

I forgot to mention another medication my mom takes on a daily basis for the past 7 years:

Levothyroxine Sodium- 100mcg (1 X Day) - To increase the Thyroid hormone activity.

I have the same problem which is obviously why Im here. Ive been tested for Carpel tunnel...negative...and no doctor can figure this out. It feels like my veins are too small for the amount of blood to pass through at certain times which causes the burning...my guess only.
****a peaceful night sleep without your hands going numb...hand/wrist braces that you can buy at Walgreens. Its an inexpensive fix and it truly works. Its the only way I can sleep anymore. ITs been a life saver for me. So give it a try. The are about 30 bucks a piece, but compared to Dr tests etc...its worth it. My hands NEVER fall asleep when Im wearing them. Good luck

I have that and i have a yeast infection. I have an overgrowth of yeast throughout my whole body. I have all the symptoms of a serious yeast infection and didn't even know i had it. I have tingliness in my arms and sweaty hands and feet. Also i have white stuff on my tongue and sores in my mouth. And i'm infected downstairs. It can be caused by eating only yeast products (bread, grains, and carbs) and sugars. You should try to change you're diet to a candida diet and see if you're symptoms go away. They say to get rid of it it takes a month of dieting for every year you've had it. That means no sugars, no carbs to starve the yeast.

Find it so annoying when someone asks a question and everyone wants to add a story. Waste of time! She didnt ask if anyone else is going through this, she asked for input

i get the heat in my right palm, no tingling or numbness, that's why i say what's up

Try a shot of apple cider vineagar or even the pills use daily it helps cure the yeast. Hope this helps :0

I have this, had it for years. I get rid of it, then it comes back when I stop treatment, so I have to start over.

The problem stems from muscle inflammation around your spine, its all a nerve thing. There are THREE things you must do to fix the issue.

First, find a good chiropractor. It took me over 15 different offices to find a good one, but it was worth the search. A good chiro pokes you and gets you to move while they feel your muscles and bones moving prior to EACH treatment. A bad chiro gives you the same treatment each visit. A good chiro puts heat on you while you lay on the table waiting for treatment. A bad chiro just tells you to come 5 times a week. You shouldn't have more than ONE treatment per week (unless you are seriously injured and have trouble walking.)

Second, chiropractic adjustments ONLY WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH MASSAGE. If you move the bones around, but the muscles still pull them back into the bad places, you wasted your time and money. You need DEEP TISSUE or PRESSURE POINT massage, work the "knots" out. It will hurt like hell if they are doing it right (elbows and knuckles), but you should notice that subsequent visits get exponentially easier, once the muscles are properly re-aligned. When muscles are "knotted" it is because they are half tensed, like you are flexing them a little bit all the time. To release them, they must be FULLY tensed, like when the RMT stretched them out and pushes on them... then they will release. You can actually feel the muscle releasing after they hold it for about 30 seconds, the pain subsides and it gets looser. THIS STEP IS CRITICAL.

Third, STRETCH every night. Takes 5 minutes. WORTH EVERY SECOND. It's your body, learn to take care of it. If you can't put in the effort, stop whining.

It is a trapped ulna nerve in your elbow joint, a doctor can do surgery to relocate the nerve. I had the same durning pain and tingling when my arm was bent, and my surgeon repaired it.