2 months ago I woke in the morning and my hands and arms were numb and the left side of face was droopy. Since then it all has gotten worse. Fingers are so swollen at times that cannot pick up coffee pot, do up a button, squeeze toothpaste tube etc. The pain and swelling has now moved into my wrists, they are red/purple, swollen, weak and painful to touch skin. It is also in my elbows, painful to point where cannot rest elbows on anything or touch them. My knees, especially the right one, but in both, are swollen and very painful to a point where at times hurts too much to bend them. I cannot go down onto my knees as I cannot get back up. Every morning when I get up my toes and feet as swollen as well. Over the last week, I now have episodes of my fingers/hands becoming so itchy that I need to scratch them to where they are red and skin is hard. I have been to the doctor and they have done numerous blood test but the only test that has come back positive was the ANA panel ( anti-nuclear antibody) test. I have been on Prednisone, Voltaren, Celebrex, now anti-convulsants and aspirin and nothing is helping. If anything, swelling and pain is getting worse and more intense and is moving into other areas of my body, such as my shoulders and calves and hips. I feel I am going to be disabled in a couple of months at this rate if nothing is diagnosed asap. Anyone with any ideas, your input would be greatly appreciated. I am a 50-year-old mother of 3, have always been fit and worked hard and never had any health issues or injuries. This all just appeared 1 day.

Did you ever get this diagnosed? I am experiencing something similar, I would love to know.