What might be the cause of painful and swollen breasts in my 8 year old daughter? Is it possible that she is entering the puberty and though I have noticed some changes such as pubic hair I never thought it could have come that fast. I had my first period at around the age of 12 and I don't remember I was having painful and swollen breasts at that time so I never thought that my daughter could have the puberty this early. Or something else might be the cause of painful and swollen breasts in my daughter?

I know you think it is too early but you know it happens some time. I am such a case I was having painful and swollen breasts around my 9 and soon after I got my first period. So I don't think that something other has caused swollen and painful breasts in your 8 year daughter but hormonal changes. You know breasts development usually goes that way so if you notice that her breast areola is becoming larger than this could be one more puberty sign and all of these changes like swollen breasts disappear usually with completing breast development.

my 8 year old granddaughter has one breast definitely more swollen than the other. I have raised two daughters and a younger sister and did not have the difference in size (which is quite obvious) This concerns me. Could it be an infected gland? ?

If you expose your child to endocrine disruptors (EDCs), premature puberty is can happen. There are places on earth where most of a society's food is imported in plastic (most common method of exposure to these toxins), and both boys and girls as young as 5 experience breast growth.

Watch your daughter's health: minimize prepackaged foods & do not cook foods in plastics, as most of our exposure is through diet. BPA is one EDC that has finally, after years and years of it's damaging effects being documented, come under fire.

Not only do these toxins cause early puberty, but they also put people at higher risk for certain cancers, behavioral disorders, infertility, etc.

I would recommend doing some research and identifying which household/kitchen items you use that may be endangering your family's health- you'd be surprised at how common they are.

my 8 year old granddaughter one breast is a little swollen,painful,itchy.
i need to know your diagnosis