Hello! Each time I am about to get my period my breasts get swollen and painful. I don¡¦t have any other symptoms like other girls, stomachache or low back pain but my breast turn into watermelons when I am about to get. It is very uncomfortable. I wanted to ask if this is normal and if there is something I can do about it. Thank you

HI! I know exactly how you feel! Imagine that besides breast pain I get both stomachache and back pain. Even though it is highly uncomfortable, this is normal. During each menstrual cycle, breast tissue sometimes swells because hormonal stimulation causes the breast¡¦s milk glands and ducts to enlarge, and in turn, the breasts retain water. The breasts may feel swollen, painful, tender, or lumpy a few days before menstruation. It is said that the pain will stop after menopause. ƒ¼

Guest wrote:

hi, my left breast is swollen and sore, and there is a lump in it

Hello there! How old are you?

You know, a lump in the breast in not always a sign of a cancer. If you re younger female, cancer isn’t even suspected at all. What a doc suspects first are fibrocystic changes whose cause is usually not known.
When were you inspecting your breasts. If a benign cyst had developed in a breast, its size may vary throughout menstrual cycle and they are the biggest during ovulation and just before periods. These are just small cysts filled with fluid. Hormonal changes influence breast cells to retain fluids and form these cysts. Women who are approaching menopause feel them more than ever. They can be found near the underarms.

Where did you find your lump?

These lumps are sometimes tender and may get swollen but usually resolve on their own or a surgeon drains them with a needle if necessary.
There are also fibroadenomas. They are noncancerous tumor lumps but they don’t hurt and are firm. They are more common in younger females. Unlike previously mentioned cysts, these fibroadenomas don’t resolve on their own but keep growing until a surgeon removes them.
These cysts do not mean that you are more prone to cancer if you develop them.

However, any lump found should be evaluated by a doctor.

hi,
im 22 years old and both of my breasts feel bruised and are painfull to touch ,this is every day ,not just around my menstrual cyle.
they do seem to be getting slightly bigger in size too!
what could ths be?.

Hi! How long have you had this pain? Is there a way you could be pregnant?

If not, the term for consistent breast pain that is not related to PMS is called moncyclical breast pain. It is may or may not be related to the chest trauma or injury.

You should certainly see a physician. Most of the times it is not cancer (in case you were worried) and it may even come from the non-breast areas like nearby muscles or joints. Sometimes only supportive bras or cold packs may be advised as well as decrease in caffeine and salt intake.

The noncyclical breast pain characteristic is that the pain is present all the time and usually located in one specific area.

This kind of pain is hard to treat because it is not hormonal and it is hard to diagnose where it is coming from. The treatment is usually determined after going through your overall health and medical history, the pain itself, mammogram results, etc

Make sure you see a doc about it!

I hear people telling me the breast swelling is normal. But you have to be kidding me. I have two bra sizes every month and the pain is sometimes so bad i can't sleep or it wakes me up. There just has to be some way to help, it makes me so miserable and it really hurts. It’s been getting worse and worse since I turned 30. Sometimes its better if I do a massive amount of exercise all month long (3-4 times a week of cardio and weight training) but who can do that all the time?

Water pills don't work, someone please recommend something its getting overwhelming for me. And, now they are sagging because the tissue is flexing so much from one size to another... it is just not right and I am fed up enough to want to chop them off! (not really, but like today I could do without them)

Hi, I'm 36 and I have irregular periods that become more regular when I take Dong Quoi. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which I take replacement pills for daily... in other words, my hormones aren't exactly a Swiss watch.

Guess what? The last few days my breasts have been swollen, sensitive, and they hurt when I jogged. They look bigger, too. I have never experienced this as part of my menstrual cycle before. Is it possible to have breast-swelling become a part of one's menstrual cycle out of the blue at age 36?

The other option is that I had sex without my own knowledge... Do you think someone slipped me "ruffies" ?? Could I have walked in my sleep and somehow had sex? Could I have multiple-personality disorder and just don't know it?

I am scared because I remember my breasts doing something like this when I was pregnant a few years ago... Please tell me it's more likley that I have pms-swelling and than a secret multiple personality disorder!

I see that it is normal for your breast to swell when your period gets closer..... In my Case, it is only my right breast that gets swollen. Is this also normal?

hi i have noticed that one of my breasts is swollen and slightly painful , normally before my period i sometimes have tenderness in both breast. I actully have just finshed menstrating last week so i don't think this is period related. What is it?

[ :-( i was wondering if its normal for your breast to become swollen when two weeks ago i have my period...

I havent had my priod for 2 months and my breast are starting to hurt. Does that mean I am goignto be on my period soon?

hi, i'm 19 and today, actually a few minutes ago i found my left breast feeling kinda hard. this is really wierd for me and has never happened before. i felt the right one and it feels the same way. it feels like there's a lump there, and of course i instantly think cancer. i know i have to go into see a doctor and get it checks but what are the chances that i could have something like breast cancer at 19? also if it helps it feels like it is in the bottom of them. please help me out someone, i don't want to stress over this, but i'm not sure if i have a choice right now.......please help.

hi. i'm a little freaked out. just a few minutes ago i felt a lump in my left breast. i felt my right one and it feels the same. they weren't like that a couple of days ago! i'm only 19 yrs old and of course when i think of breast lump i think cancer. my family has a history of cancer also. i know that i have to get it checked out but what are the chanced that it could be cancer at my age?? what else could it be? also if it helps it feels like it's at the bottom of both my breasts. please help me out!!!

hi,
im 22 years old and both of my breasts feel bruised and are painfull to Touch ,this is every day ,not just around my menstrual cyle.
what could ths be?

I'm 23 and i recently started experiencing the same thing. I do not have a regular menstrual cycle, in fact doctors do not know why I only get them only once a year. My breasts have been swollen and painful for a few days now. At first I thought it was because of gym work (flex classes using dumbbells and barbells), but I have been going fairly regularly to the gym for about 5 years now, and it has never occurred before. Anyone have any other suggestions

My breasts are swollen up by 1-2 cup sizes and 5 pregnancy tests, all negative. Haven't had a period since Oct. Did have vaginitis and took medicine for it in Nov...

Does anyone have any idea why my breasts that are natural 36DD are almost the size of volleyballs?