I took her to the Dr. on Monday because we found a lump under her right nipple and it was very tender. Her Dr. told me that it was more than likely a breast bud and the onset of early puberty. She also said to watch it for discharge or leakage. Well, there has been no discharge, but last night when she lay down her breast squirted a clear liquid out onto her night shirt. I looked at it and pressed lightly around and nothing else came out. I called her Dr. this a.m. and she wants to see her first thing tomorrow morning. Now I am scared. Could this be something serious? She is not overweight, and does not fit the online criteria for early puberty. She still wets the bed at night, has had problems with her bladder for many years. I am so worried I can hardly sit still. I have searched and searched and found nothing on leaking breasts in young girls. If anyone has had this happen please respond. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Amanda, I don't think that there's anything to be worried about. Of course you will still want to go to the doctor to make sure that there is no serious issue but she wanted to watch it for discharge to make sure that it wasn't anything. If this turns out to be anything, it can be caught relatively early on. You're going to have to be calm so that your daughter doesn't freak out too, right? I know it's hard so I hope you realize I'm not trying to scold you or anything, just try to be strong for her, okay? Keep us posted on what the doctor says.

Thank you so much for your advise. I have spoken with my daughter about it since our visit with the Dr. on Monday, and she talked with her Dr. also. She understands that it is probably just early puberty signs and we talk about changes in her body very openly. I don't think she is worried at all, as she hasn't noticed any worry from myself or her Dr. I just told her that it is probably just the little breast bud leaking on her shirt. Hopefully that is all it is.
You just always worry when it's your babies. I don't show my concern in front of her, but I do talk openly with her about her bosy and it's changes.

Hi....I'm curious as to what the result is for your daughter.  I can't find much info on this.  My 12 year old daughter is leaking on one side of her breast for over a month now.  We are still waiting to do more test on this.  Please respond.  

I had a similar experience when I hit puberty and never knew what caused it. But I grew up just fine.

I have seen this happen twice in my life. Back in the 80s my girlfriend now ex when she was 14, her breasts started leaking semi cloudy liquid while developing . it happens on rare occasions but nothing to worry about. With her, it turned out to be caused by antidepressants her parents puit her on. When she started to be picked on at school because it was clearly showing through her shirt which got her teased by some other students, I came up with an idea and bought her a bag of cotton pads for her to put in her bra which stopped the embarrassing signs.
The second time I have seen this is recently with my daughter who started puberty at 8 and a half years of age. Around age 9 she started similar leaking and isn't on anti depressants, but does take multi vitamins. She'll be seeing a doctor shortly just to make sure she's fine, but in the mean time I did find out that the amount has been increasing which may be do to the fact she keeps fiddling with them. Used the cotton pad trick on her as well so she doesn't get teased in school. By the other children who don't understand. And believe me it's not easy explaining to her what little I know being the father. Normally it would be the mom to do the explaining but unfortunately due to her bad health she's normally in the hospital 90% of the time. If I don't know an answer, I don't guess, I call her doctor to fill in the blanks.

Hi I just found out today my daughter came to me and said that her right breast is leaking right nipple also try to look up online there was nothing online about it as well I'm going to take her to the doctor just to make sure it's nothing to be worried about the snow lots of clear fluid that's leaking out of her right breast nipple if anybody can tell me about this that will be really great help thank you

Hi I'm Ellie and and I have nipple discharge my boobs are tiny and only just started puberty I haven't found anything on line so help