Hi, I have been married for two years now and I'm 24. The first year my husband and I were married I was on the Nuva Ring, but this past year we have just been using a condom every single time we have sex. I was due for my period about two weeks ago and did not get it. This is normal for me because I usually have irregular periods. The weird thing is that my breasts hurt so much and have been hurting for the last week. They also feel really lumpy, my husband described them as sandbags lol. I also haven't gained any weight, but they have grown a whole cup size!! I'm not complaining about bigger boobs, but they are so painful, in fact it feels good when i massage the edges of them. I went and bought a store pregnancy test and it came back negative. Did I take it to early? Is there still a possibility I am pregnant? If not, why are my boobs so big and painful? Any help would be great! Thanks

Painful breasts was my first sign of pregnancy. And I actually lost weight during the first few weeks. Then again, since your periods are irregular, it could just be PMS. But you know all this, don't you? I'm gonna tell you something else you already know; you should go buy another pregnancy test and if you don't start your period in a week or so, retake the test. Good luck. And even though you're trying not to get pregnant, don't be surprised if your sad if the test comes out negative. That happened to me several times when I was your age (some twenty years ago.)

Thanks for the advice! Can I ask you another question? Do you remember your breasts feeling lumpy? They feel so lumpy it's almost repulsive. haha. Okay thanks again and I will take another test in a week or so.

Actually, I've always had lumpy breasts, when pregnant and when not. It makes for a very adventerous breast exam at the doctor's office, but it's quite common and called fibrocystic breasts. It sounds scarry, but it's harmless. One statistic that I read said that about 60 percent of all women have fibrocystic breasts (I read it on a medical webpage, 'cause you got me curious.) Anyway, I never really thought much about it and my husband never complains; if you know what I mean... ;-)