I had a full period last month end and my boyfriend and me had sex during the period till one week after period without protection. Suddenly my breasts started to get swelling on the day 9th after the period was finished. They are getting more and more swelling and sore. Nomrally my breasts would only get swollen 10 days before my period ( I have a long period cycle, 30 days). Things like this never happened before. I did a pregnancy test on the day 14th after my period (I knew it was too early to do the test, I just wanted to know if I was pregnant already from the previous month, after second last period, even though I had last period). The result was negative. What could be the reasons for the swollen breasts and could I be pregnant?

Indigo

hi indigo,
it was very strange reading your post as i have just had EXACTLY the same experience as you ie....had sex with my boyfriend during my period, 2 weeks ago, and now have ever increasing swollen breasts. i too have done a pregnancy test which was also negative. this has never happened to my breasts before and i cannot understand it, they are so sore and getting bigger by the day, which is very noticable as i normally have very small breasts! im sorry i cant give you advise but am hoping we can both seek some from somewhere, i am not sure how this web page works so i could not find the reply to your messge - was there one? and if so please could you tell me what the advise was! thanks, kat

i have the same exact thing happening. Did you find any advice with this problem. I am also retaining a bunch of water.

same thing happened to me, along with some other signs of pregnancy.
I'm just waiting it out till I should miss ym period or start my period to take the test or not.

I too have a swollen breast problem, my period stopped two days ago and theyre still hurting like mad! My boyfriend and I dont have very regular sex and the last time was about three weeks ago. I'm also on the pill an my periods have been regular and fairy heavy as usual. I'm so worried I'm pregnant but there are three obvious reasons why I should be! My period, the pill and not a very active sex life. I'm so worried, if anyone could help??? thankyou
Angie 8-|

I have the SAME problem. My boyfriend and I had protected sex about 2 weeks ago but I feel like I may be pregnant anyways just because im paranoid. I secretly know Im not but my breasts are SO sore. I dont know whats going on and im partially scared

Am having the same problem. I had protected sex right before my period, everything was normal until a few days after my period when my breasts started getting very swollen and painful again. I've never had this happen before. So does anyone know what's going on? Is it pregnancy or is there another possible explanation?

So I freaked out in front of my father because of the SAME thing. I have a fiance and I was home for christmas when I broke down because my breasts hurt SOO bad that I was SURE I was pregnant.

We went and got a test and it was negative. I felt like such a FOOL!

After crying a bit more, he sat me down. He told me tat my mom did the same thing and that it was mainly because of stress. When they asked the doctor he said that the stress and her being soo worried that she was pregnant AGAIN made it even WORSE!

So, if your stressing out and all the signs say "not prego". Take a deep breath, and relax! Your probably stressed out and making it WORSE!

Well, hope that helps!

me too.. i got my period and then about 4 days after that i had sex.. and i now its been a week and my breasts are so swollen and have been hurting.. i dont have any other symptoms but i always diagnose myself because i get worried.. does anyone know wat that oculd mean please help

I am having the same issues as most of you ladies....I had sex with my bf during my period & I had finished 2 days later & now, 2 weeks later, I just started having sore & swollen breasts, & I am also on the patch, but im my second month of the patches (#2 Patch currently) after being off the patch for 2 months, but i was on the patch prior to that as well...so ive been on & off on the patch (timing reasons)....& I am really scared that I am pregger......can anyone help us ladies out at all? I can see that Im not the only one thats a little freaked out......HELP!! 8D

so how many of you ended up being pregnant??
cause i'm having the same problems :/

my boobs have been sore, and im on the pill
since i've been on that my boobs have gone bigger and really sore.
even to touch it hurts :-(
i've never had sex on my period, and i highly doubt im pregnant as I'm due my period in some days

Well....back in April me n my ex had sex manyyy times which was unprotected and yeah he didn't pull out either. and i'm not on any birth control. but he's been doing this for 4 months already and says his sperm count is low...altho he has one kid. I have a child myself...but this last time i'm actually really worrying about it because when i started my period in April i just spotted for the first two days then it was really light for another 3 to 4 days...and that's the period i had with my son right before i found out i was pregnant. And ever since i got off my period almost 3 weeks ago now, my boobs have not stopped hurting...and today i noticed that my right boob is swollen at the top..and it's very painful i'm really freaking out because i don't know what to think...i mean is it breast cancer..or am i pregnant..it couldn't be cancer though because i just had a pap smear two days ago!! and the doctor also told me it'd be to early to tell if i'm pregnant. That'd i'd prolly roughly be around 3to 4 weeks...idk i guess it's just a wait and see kinda game..which i hate cause i'm sooo freakin impatient.

The exact same thing is happening to me too! I had unprotected sex and then took morning after pill. The day after my period ended I had unprotected sex again. Now 2 weeks later my breasts feel thicker and heavier and there are more veins. I am so stressed out about it I can't sleep. I'm monitoring my caloric intake I'm convinced I'm eating more. My stomach isn't as flat as it should be.I felt tired while running yesterday morning and my breasts hurt while running. Can someone please help me?

I would really like some feedback BAD. This is far too common from what I'm reading here. I had unprotected sex where he pulled out and just over a week later I had a FULL menstrual cycle. Bad PMS, sore breasts, horrible cramps through the whole period, migraines, nausea, heavy bleeding. I assumed that was a good sign. My period was done with (thankfully) about 8 or 9 days ago and over the past couple of days I've noticed a significant growth in my breasts. They are tender and heavy and sooooo sore. I'm not retaining water or feel bloated. I don't have any other symptoms of pregnancy, but I know it can't be normal to have breast tenderness POSTmenstrual. I only sometimes get it a week before my period. I'm starting to wonder if maybe if I quit worrying about it with excess stress, that it just might go away! Any feedback??