I'm a 20 year old female. For about 8 months I have been on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo (I take it because of very painful periods), but my most recent period, about three weeks ago, was very painful, so I stopped taking it. Shortly before my period, my nipples started to become sore, and they have been sore since. They have never been sore before, and they feel a little bit tougher than before, not as flacid. Des anyone know if, even though I had my period, I might be pregnant, or if it may be something else, like breast cancer? Or, is this normal?

Like every other birtclontroll pill, this one has its side effects as well. Most of them are not serious, and the most common are nausea, vomiting, bleeding between menstrual periods, weight gain and even wearing contact lenses could make you troubles. Sore nipples are one of the side effects as well, so no wonder you’ve experiencing it as well. If you think you might be pregnant, you should do the pregnancy test and check it out. Do you have any other symptoms? Well, tender breasts are one of the symptoms, so this could make you think you actually are pregnant. As the matter of breast cancer, sore nipples and swollen areolas could be the symptoms but lets leave it aside. You first make sure the pregnancy test is done, and with the result you should consult your doctor, maybe he could advice you what you should do with your sore breast, I guess you’d be prescribed some creams or something.