hello i am a 29yr old female i was in a horse riding,snowboarding and car accident and finally got an MRI and now i have 5 herniated discs 8mm in my lumbar spine,sciatic nerve impingement,disc dessication, an annular tear in my L4-L5 AND L5-S1.I also have torn my hip muscle slightly, I also have a torn MCL in my knee and both luxated patellas. i was started on flexirill 10mg,vicodin 5,xanax 1mg(for anxiety) i am now currently on 2 norco 10/325s every 4-6hrs, soma 350mg 4x a day,halcyon for sleep, and 2mg xanax for anxiety. my doctor just switched me to percocet 10/325 instead of the norcos. so now instead of a hydrocodone i am taking a oxycodone. what is the difference?i have not picked up my rx yet for the new percocets and i refuse to get the real oxycotin. the pharmacists say its more potent and alot stronger and can help until my surgery which is undecided. i have options of spinal fusion,total discectomy or the new artificial disc replacement. my doctor says with my age that the artificial disc replacement would benefit me the most but like any prosthetics they will wear out over time and i will need to replace them again,the concern is that it wont work or that when i need to replace it again there will be too much scar tissue built up around my spine and they will be unable to preform the surgery. my doctor assures me that in 10-20 yrs when i will need to replace the artificial discs medicine will have advanced and that they will be able to fix it then. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS SURGERY AND BENEFITED FROM IT?? IM IN CONSTANT PAIN AND HAVE BEEN SINCE JUNE 2004..PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.THX

I just had 3 Artificial Discs Replaced in my Lumbar spine. L3-S1. I went to Germany and used Dr. Rudolph Bertagnoli. So far I am 2 months out and I am very happy with my results. I think it is the way of future back surgeries. Good luck. Sounds like you may need a mix of ADR and fusion.