10 months after lumbar fusion my back squeaks when I bend or move.
My wife can hear it also. Is this normal?

I have the same problem it's been 10 months for me also in I'm having the popping, cracking and squeaking noises too the doctor says its normal! I don't know don't sounds good though!

i am 21 and had my spin fused 6 months ago. im so glad im not the only one that has problems with a squeaky back!! i sound like an old rocking chair :(

Hi. My main noise in my back started 8 months after surgery. The popping forst, now the squeaking. Really wierd. Thanks for your posts. At least I know I'm not losing my mind!

I had my spine fusion 10 months ago and just today i started to hear this weired cracking noise loud and clear like an old cracked chair and when i walk it sound like the old real leather shoes .. Squeaking.. Is it really normal ..No pain though

I am 17 and have just graduated from high school. In December of my junior year I had a T-lif lumbar spinal fusion. 6 screws, 2 rods, artificial disc, cadaver bone, and 2 remaining herniated discs. A year and five months later I squeak. Extremely loud. It doesn't hurt but it's very strange. So happy to see I'm not the only one.

I'm 5 months post op after a two level fusion, and I constantly squeak and pop!! It's gotten worse over the past couple of months. Very annoying...

I had my fusion 3 months ago and now my back sounds like a horror movie too. My surgeon told me that at the top of my fusion there is a flexible piece that allows me to have better flexibility. It is a tube that can bend. He said that is where the noise is coming from and that the tube can fill with fluid which is normal. He hopes it will go away but it's only happening more and more often. No pain but a lot of squeaking like an old wooden floor or an old rocking chair. Does anyone else have this flexible part at the top of their fusion?

I have the same noises coming from my back 4 months after fusion. My Dr used the same tube at the top of my fusion and he said the same thing your Dr said. The strange thing is though he used the same type of flexible tube at the top of my surgery that he did 7 years ago and it never made any noise. I think it's time to speak to the manufacturer of this tube and find out if this is happening more and more. Maybe they changed something about the tube which is causing this noise.

Do you know the name of the company that made your flexible tube? I showed my surgeon your post and he was amazed at how what you described was exactly like my surgery, time, etc. He asked if you could find out from your Dr who made your part.
Thanks

I am just 6 weeks out and have this creaking sound, had L1 to L5 fused and L5 fused to pelvis. This where the creaking noise seems to come from and it is audible up through my spine into my ears. Weird but glad it seems to be normal. Thanks