Hi guys,

I was searching the net trying to figure out what is wrong with me. My period is 8 days late which is very unusual for me as I am like clockwork from the pill. I've been on the pill since I was 16 and I'm now 24 and I've never had a problem.

I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and actually went to the clinic today to see a doctor. The urine pregnancy test I did came out negative also and I was negative for infection too. I was reading some of the posts about cysts and I actually had an ovarian cyst a year ago and had surgery to remove it. Even with it I had no problems.

I was also reading that stress can make a period late but I have not been stressed in any way at all.

I guess the thing that bothers me is that I have strange abdominal pains, not like cramps but a constant pain in my lower abdomen. It actually hurts when I go to the bathroom, not burning wise but pain almost as if it was bruised. The doctor (who was male) gave me a funny look as though I was lying when I told him that and shrugged it off telling me he didn't know what to tell me. I'm starting to stress now because the pain is very sharp at some points. My breasts have also been tender to touch and I have frequent headaches.

Anyone have any suggestions?? ?

What was it? I'm experiencing the same

sounds like it could be an ectopic pregnancy

SOUNDS LIKE AN UTI IT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE!!!

I just ended my period yesterday and the same thing started for me today. I know its not UTI. Im only finding info on that. It hurts around my belly button and below, mostly on my left side. It started out feeling like a tight cramp, like the ones you get in your leg, but then it hurt when i touched my belly button and when I peed. But again not UTI, no burning or stinging just stomach pain. I am going to contact my doctor tomorrow if I wake up hurting and I will let you know. If anyone can help let me know. Thanks.

all you ladies please go get your apendix cheaked please please please

I had these symptoms last years (bad abdominal pain but no sign of pain when urinating, and i had a high temperature) and it turned out to be a kidney infection. This is like the next stage of a UTI, when it has already developed quite far, so it is pretty dangerous. you need to go and get some antibiotics quickly, and then you should be absolutely fine. Good luck!