HEY GUYS... WELL I WAS JUSS WONDERIN IF ANYONE HAD AN IDEA OF Y MY THIGHS HURT WHILE I'm ON MY PERIOD.. IT BOTHERS ME TO SLEEP ON ONE SIDE FOR A WHILE CUS EVENTUALLY IT WILL START HURTING AND AS I SWITCH, THEN THE OTHER LEG WILL HURT AS WELL SO WAT I HAVE 2 DO IS PUT A PILLOW BETWEEN MY LEGS FOR MORE COMFORT CUS I FEEL AS IF IT HELPS ME A LIL BIT. BUT YEA I'm JUSS WONDERIN Y DAT HAPPENS.. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANSWERS PLZ LET ME KNO. THANKX :-)

I get this too. I feel it the most when I am sitting.

It's normal. Many women suffer from nothing, to some uncomfortable feelings, to a slight cramp, to full on painful cramps when they have their periods.

You can feel menstrual cramps in a lot of different places sometimes... in your lower belly, your hips, in your lower back and even in your buttocks or down your legs.

This is just your uterine contracting to allow the blood to leave your uterus.

The lining of your uterus releases special chemicals called "prostaglandins."

These substances can increase the intensity of the contractions, especially if the levels rise.

So basically, it's nothing to worry about. You can try taking some sort of pain reliever if it's unbearable.

If you are still worried, you can always ask your pharmacist or doctor for some information since I won't be able to provide much information on getting around the pain, since I got it too, until I went on birth control. It really helped to ease the cramp symptoms

:-D hey dere... thanks..dat rly helped me alot cus these are things i did not kno... dats probably the reason y i dont get much pain in my stomach area cus instead i get it on my thighs...but yea thanks...i appreciate the help

i was wondering the same thing, except mine hurt on the inner part of my thighs.  the pain is intense, almost like i had a rigorous workout the day before.  today is the first time i ever felt it that bad in my legs and it had me a little concerned. what a bothersome thing, huh ladies?? blahhh!

THT IS SO CRAZY... BECAUSE FOR MANY YEARS I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM,, AND NO ONE COULD RELATE... I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND Y MY THIGHS CRAMPRD INSTEAD OF THE TYPICAL STOMACH CRAMPS,,, I WENT AND CONSULTED WITH MY DOCTOR ABOUT THIS MATTER AND THEY RAN SUM  TEST AND CONCULED THAT THE REASON FOR MY THIGHS TO CRAMP WAS THAT  MY PROTEIN WAS LOW,, SUGGESTING THAT I ATE BANANAS DURING AND BEFOR MY PERIOD,, AND IT WORKED.. 

Wow! I am always cramping in my thighs. Today seemed unbearable so I decided to google it to see if anyone else experience this. I really hate the feeling and I don't understand why we hurt I'm this area. It began yesterday and my period came on today. I feel numbness in my feet and I have to lay down just to keep from feeling like I just ran a marathon. Is there any medicine that u can suggest to me that works for you?

My Dr. Has me take a multi-vitamin daily and alot of water intake two days before I get my period and it works great!!!!!!!

I read lots of messages that say that their thighs hurt before their period.  Well mine starts hurting the day before it ends & just started last month.  Very painful :(

I get cramps in my thighs legs a week b4 my period no medicine helps not even bananas. It's always unbaerBle once I ran the hottest bath and laid in scorching my legs sleeping used to help my cramps go away but now I can't stay still am that hurts worse te only thing that helps is going to the bathroom several times several hours on my first day of my period I can do anything bc I'm in so much pain

hi,

I have the same problem for your pain relief please try nurofen express period pain liquid capsules. They really help my pain is really very severe i can barely walk but they do the magic, Also get on regular dose of complete nutrients walk down any pharmacy in the general health section they might have something like A-Z in boots. Plus stick to warm food during your periods like soups hot milk and nuts avoid oranges, lemons , yogurts and ice creams cold foods make the pain worse and foods having vitamin c say that tangy flavour sour ones  increase the flow.

Hope u feel better.

xx

I also get these pains ... so unbearable that I'm in tears. usually I take 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetamols, but just been put on a beta blocker so the ibuprofen is out this month. I always get the pains the day my period starts, totally intense, but just that one day. I also thought I was the only one. I only googled today to see what other pain relief I could use this time .... might try the bananas. I'm 43 with one 20 year old ... the pains started about 5 years ago. 

I seem to get the 'cramps' in just one leg on my outer thigh. It only started after I had my daughter 3 years ago and I have tried everything from pain killers to intake of extra fluid to multi-vitamins, but not bananas as of yet. Each month the pain seems to get worse and it starts the day before and worsens on the day I get my period and the by day 3 it seems to ease off so day 4 it's just a dull ache. I really thought I was just odd and put up with it, untill now when I googled it and I have found im not alone. I just hope that the bananas work !!!

I haven't had my period yet but I have been having outer thigh pain and cramps.

Maybe its something different maybe a pulled muscle but idk

I got this for the first time today. I normally have painful cramps in my stomach but for the first time in four years today the tops of the front of my thighs ached in the same way! Does anyone know what causes it?