I have heard for many cases where people had problems with pancreas. That is why I have heard for many pancreatic disorders during my life. Now I have a question about this topic. Could anyone tell me could surgery help with pancreatic problems, such as pancreatitis and others? When surgery is recommended when we talk about pancreas?

Surgical removal or resection of the cancer is currently the only chance for a cure for patients with cancer of the pancreas. I have to tell you in pancreatitis, or some other pancreatic diseases surgery is rarely recommended. The most cases of pancreas surgery, patients were diagnosed with pancreas cancer. Fortunately, great strides have been made in the surgical treatment of this disease, and the surgical resection of most pancreas cancers is called a pancreaticoduodenectomy. These operations are very complex can be associated with very high rates of operative morbidity and mortality. This is common situation, unless performed by surgeons specially trained and experienced in this procedure. Because the procedure is safer when performed by specialists, patients treated in special clinics here have fewer complications. In the same time, the overall hospital charges are significantly lower than when it is performed at less experienced institutions. As you could realize, pancreas is very delicate and complicated organ, so surgery options should be done carefully. In addition, it is done only with diagnose or pancreas cancer, rarely with pancreatitis or some other pancreatic disorders.