Hi. I'm 22 year old student and recently I have noticed some changes in my mother’s behavior. You see, before this occurred, she was perfectly normal and healthy but then she started to suffer from several symptoms such as disorganized behavior or disorganized speech. My father and I thought that it could be some neurological disorder and we took her to see a neurologist but he said that CT showed that there is nothing wrong with her. He also recommended us to schedule her visit to one psychiatrist and so we did. He has determined that she suffers from some type of schizophrenia called disorganized- hebephrenic schizophrenia. I'm very scared right now because I don’t know anything about it. Please help!

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear that your mother is ill and that’s why I will try to help you providing you some information about this disease.
Schizophrenia is one mental illness where the person's inner world and behavior change notably. Often people think that there must be some trigger to it but this isn’t true. Some saying that it’s genetic disease.
There are several types of schizophrenia and type you have mentioned is rarest. Disorganized- hebephrenic schizophrenia is a type of schizophrenia characterized by disinhibited, agitated, and unorganized behavior. Symptoms you have already mentioned such as disorganized behavior or speak are most common. As with all types of schizophrenia, the cause is unknown. There are several medications used to treat this type of schizophrenia such as Clozaril, Compazine, Etrafon, Haldol and Haldol Decanoate.