my mum has suffered with paranoid schizophrenia for years, she has also been abusing alcohol during this time (approx 10 years).
Over the past 2-3 weeks she has stopped taking her tablets and has spent the whole families money on alcohol (1 litre of strong spirit per day) leaving us without any food or electricity. Her behavior has now become extremely verbally abusive without provocation that I am now considering looking into having her sectioned as I think she is on a terrible path of self destruct.
Has anyone got any advice as to how I can handle the situation? All advice is greatly welcomed

Well it sounds like your strategy of having her sectioned is the best idea. As for being able to handle the situation, it sounds to me like she is getting abusive she's an alcoholic, and she's paranoid schizophrenic. While you might be able to stand up for yourself, due to her mental illness, she will likely not listen to reason so what's the point? I think I would recommend just having her sectioned and getting her back on her pills and getting her off alcohol. It seems to me that you are doing the best thing.