I had hysterectomy coming to 10years now whereby my uterus was removed but my ovaries and cervix were left. For the past two months I have started feeling period pain on my lower back and light bleeding. At first I ignored it when it happened again this month I have started to get worried. Can someone please tell me what is happening.

When you have a partial hysterctomy the surgeon takes your uterus and your cervix! I cannot understand why he or she would leave your cervix? There is no need for it. The cervix is like a valve, it lets blood out and sperm in! That's why women can still get pregnat right after a hysterctomy - because the hole - where the cervix was - has not healed and the sperm gets to the ovary and all a fertilized egg needs is a blood source and it will attach itself to that blood source. Sometimes to a womans stomach and sometimes to her bowel/intestine. So IF you are TOTALLY positve about still having your cervix, you need to be seen by a Gyno/OB Right away, if you do not have a cervix, and with these symptoms you have a major yeast infection. Because when the cervix is removed and there is NO WAY anything can travel DOWN the vagina, you can only have something that has grown in the vagina - yeast infection. If you don't have your cervix try a yeast infection suppository for the full 7 days! If it doesn't go away after that. You really do need to see a doctor. Good luck and good health to you