hi i had a hysterectomy nine years ago, and 4 years ago i met my new husband we married in december, and i would love to give him a child is there any way i can get help, in getting pregnant, do i need any operation 

Hi Sandra,

Unfortunately, after having a hysterectomy you don't get pregnant.  Your uterus was removed.  Without a uterus you can't carry a child.

You said "complete" so it is also possible that the ovaries were removed as well.  You'd need to check with your doctor.  If the ovaries are intact then they may be able to harvest your eggs, fertilize them with your husbands sperm, and implant them in a HOST uterus.

Sorry.  I hope it helps.

can someone tell me is it impossible to get pregnant after an ablation i had it done last feb but i still get my periods just the same i had a cist removed and fibroids they said they made my cell wall thin to stop periods but they have not stopped i am 44 my fiancee as no children and we wud luv one of our own.

Hi Steph,

It may not be impossible but it is not recommended.

During an ablation the lining of the uterus is destroyed. If some tissue remains it may grow back but there is usually lots of scar tissue. It could be a very difficult pregnancy and may cause miscarriage.

See your ob/gyn for a full exam.

Ok hold on I am 28 had  what they call a partial because I kept my cervix. I've done some research around to this research

Depending upon the type of hysterectomy or tubal ligation you had you still have a slight chance of pregnancy. But there risks involved one of which is the egg will attach to wall off your abdomen, or your liver or anything inside where it can get a blood supply. 

this causes ectopic pregnancy. Which leads to either surgery or death of the mother. So like I said in the beginning it depend on the person and type of procedure and I add what you got taken out. I went to see the doctor today because I'm nauseated, my sleep patterns is messed up, I'm hungry a lot, I'm moody, throwing up. They gave me pregnancy test came out positive.

Now they have to monitor me. And the pregnany right now the fetus is attached to my kidney. Not good but there watching over me. Gonna have to do surgery I'm feeling it in my heart. Or worse give birth to stillborn.

How did everything turn out for you?