I am 35 years old with no desire to have children. I just found out I have fibroids and doc gave me several options including thermachoice ablation or robotic hysterectomy. Can anybody tell me if their bleeding stopped after ablation and how long their recovery was. Is sex better, worse or no change?

I was told I needed to get a hysterectomy , but looked for other options, eventually I decided to get the ablation and it was pretty good for about 2 yrs. I spotted for about 4 months then quit bleeding for about 2 yrs completely. I was so happy I thought my nightmare was over. Then one day I went to meet a friend for lunch, parked my car , as I was getting out of my car I felt a little lightheaded, stood up and started hemmoraging. I was drenched from waist to socks. Got back into car and drove back home and from that time my nightmare started all over again. So for two more years I was back on depo lupron. Then decided it was all too much risk so I quit taking them and now I am in menapause.

OMG, I bet that was horrible to be surprised by a hemmoraging like that. I am struggling with just getting a hysterectomy to alleviate all the concerns with bleeding but I don't want to make a snap decision that will make me feel "not myself' for the rest of my life. I was on depro lupron several years ago to help with endimetreosis and it completely change the person I usually am (didn't like it at all). Did you notice any changes in your hormones/libido when you had the ablation done?

I had the ThermaChoice thermal ablation done just over 2 years ago and it has been fantastic! I went from hardly getting thru a half hour with a super tampon AND a back up pad to using pantiliners for 3 days (and not needing to change them more than twice a day). I didn't have fibroids and my doc didn't recommend I have the procedure done if I did have them, so you may reconsider or ask more questions there if you have them. But I've had no difference is sex or anything else like that. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have other uterine issues other than heavy bleeding. Hope this helps!

I am glad to hear the Therma choice ablation worked so well for you. It does help to hear your story and the results of your procedure. Thanks so much! still undecided..............

I used to bleed heavy.. I was on Luperon for three months, it didn't help much. I had the ThermaChoice thermal ablation done just over 4 months ago and it has been fantastic!. I haven't got my period. I recommend it to anyone who is bleeding heavily

Wanted to give you an update...I decided to have a partial hysterectomy (removed uterus that had fibroids along with cervix).  I still have my ovaries and tubes so do not have to deal with menopause right now - just absence of period.  It has been 13 days now and I am still on "light duty" as I am very sore and tired BUT it is the best thing that has happened to me.  I have a renewed happiness and a weight has been lifted from me.  In my situation it was the perfect solution.  I understand that  others may be upset because absolutely no chance of having a child but I had given up on that many many years ago as hubby and I could not concieve and there was no obvious reason. No more bleeding!   yeeaahh!

i had ablation 4wks ago i started avein orange/yellow discharge not much .is this normal?

i have been bleeding heavily for the last 2 years been tried acid tablets the mini pill . have been having bad migraines feeling tiered and bad memory.
But finally went  to see a gynaecologist  today.Had a scan all was fine she took a biopsy which was not nice little  pain at the time of taking ok afterwards. then she said i should have a Endometrial abation using thermachoice. Now i dont know what to expect i know it is supposed to be quite painful. has anyone had this and what should i expect afterwards.

I just had Themachoice III done on June 15, 2012, I can't find any questions or repondes this year regarding this procedure. I was suppose to have NovaSure when I went into surgery but my cervix wouldn't open up so they did the Themachoice III. I had to go under General anesthesia. I came home and went to bed, I had cramping throughout the night. I didn't bleed, just had a little discharge. I used a heating pad (helped), the next day I felt a little better still crampy but was able to move about ok, then I rested because cramps we coming on stronger. Had very little discharge.  The 3rd day I still was crampy but I was getting now a pinkish discharge with like pieces of thin skin coming out which is the wall of your uterus. Today is the 5th day after my surgery and I have less cramps but have have lots of bloating and gas the last two days. 

I will be getting the Thermachoice done on the 25th.  For the person who asked about discharge, dr told me that I would be having discharge!  I am really hoping this helps because the Mierna did not help out at all.

Hi, I had just about the same thing happen to me, but I went from 128 lb's to 187 lb's and my health when to he!! I'm not happy about any of depo lupron or the Ablation. My health has gone from good to bad, and I do not have the energy, what did they do to me???? If I had to do it all over I would have ran!