I am going to have hysterectomy next week. I am 57 years old. I am not scared just little worried what will happen after. I took a long time before I decided to do this. I would like to hear from someone who recently had what post surgery symptoms I can expect. Thank you.

I had hysterectomy a month ago. I feel great now. I can resume all activities with the exception of intercourse and lifting. I have lost some weight after surgery. Symptoms in post surgery period I had are soreness and some discharge. I still have light pink discharge off and on.

I had a total hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries (due to poss ovarian cancer, turns out it was endometriosis) four weeks today!
I feel absolutely fine now, the odd stitch feeling now and again when i try to lift things that are to heavy, but no other problems. Experience slight nerve sensativity near the scar. Staples removed did not hurt 10 days after surgery.
It took a while for my bowel to settle so ate little and light, resulting in loosing a stone in weight. Was quite swollen.
Immediately after surgery, once catheter was removed, experienced wind and very loose stools, seemed everyone on the ward experienced the same after similar op.
Was aware of possible surgery menopause (am young), but apart from hot nights, didnt experience anything else. Now on estrogen only HRT, again no problems.
Just take it easy and let everyone else do things for you until you are ready. Walking is good no matter how uncomfortable. Just be sensible, it is major surgery after all. Good luck and remember you will feel so much better as the weeks go on after the op.
:-D

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy because cancer was found in a tumor in one of my ovaries. I woke up sore from the surgery. The drugs made me constipated for weeks. I wasn't able to eat much/ Two months later, I am fine and on hormone replacement.

My surgery was Dec. 12, 2007. I am 26 years old. I had everything removed except ovaries. My post op was great. My nurse said she wished more hyst. patients were like me. No problems at all, until I started getting cysts on my ovarie. Now monthly, I am getting them. I will find out if one ovarie will be removed. I feel so much better than before the hysteroctomy even with the cysts

i had my hysterectomy 9 weeks ago.I was booked in for a vaginal hysterectomy but ended up having a total abdominal hysterectomy. I was a bit shocked and upset at first...shocked because i didnt expecpt having a drain in after surgery. A few days after surgery tho i felt fine. Now ive just been discharged from hospital and ive never felt better. XD im 36 yrs old and its totally changed my life for the better

I had my hyst. 9 days ago. had everything out but ovaries. i am still in pain n its prob my fault cause i walked a few days ago. but the air or gas has me in so much pain i havent had a normal bowel movement since surgery. ive been in bed im a lil depressed n just wana cry. i also have a discharge n oder i cant get anywhere cause i have no car. i knw i mite need antibiotc oh yea also been havin a fever. im hopen the pain stops cause i cant take i wish i never got it done my bday is in a few days n i would like to at least sit up with no pain by then. I also had the ablasion done n it didnt work for me :'(

Hi:
I am having a hysteroctomy and a tummy tuck at the same time, in two weeks....they will look at my ovaries to see if I can keep them...I have large fibriod in my uteris causing lots of problems....anyone out there had a tummy tuck at the same time?

i just had a hysterectomyon the 20th ...and i am home and sore...have some drainage from the tube being removed...how long does it take to heal and to be able to clean house?i walk up and down the steps alot...they also make me wear these tad hose....i am at risk for blood clots due to the clot i had in my lungs last year....they took everything.......what do you do for the night sweats?i am 36 and suffered for 10yrs,due to no dr wanting to do the surgery.....well thanks for the help........

Just had a vaginal hysterectomy 5 days ago. They pinned my bladder up too. Am still sore and get light headed and tight in the chest. Just learned that after surgery you should take deep breathes often and try and cough
(lightly, holding a pillow to your stomach). Aches a bit when I pee, but was told it's just bruising.
I'm having a hard time adjusting. I'm 29 with a 2 and 4 year old at home.

I am 36, no children. Had ablasion a year ago, did not work!!! Had hysterectomy 10 days ago and still in pain....why? My Dr. says I am doing well, and says I need to come off pain meds, but I am really hurting. Not at the incision site, but as if I were still cramping from endometriosis/fibroids?? My question is, IS THE PAIN NORMAL THIS EARLY INTO RECOVERY????? Is it supposed to hurt during a bowel movement??? No one will tell me..... :-( ?

I had an oophalectomy (hysterectomy with removal of ovaries, tubes and cervix) due to uterine cancer.

I am 37 and otherwise very healthy. I feel fantastic! I've noticed that I've lost a lot of water weight (my Dr. said that ovaries can make your body retain water), and I"ve noticed my face is much less oily!

I also have not experienced the 'hot flashes' of prespiration I experienced prior to my surgery!

Surgery was 10 days ago, I stopped taking pain meds when I left the hospital 4 days after my surgery.

I'm told "it will only get better!!!!"

I'm takine Premarin 1.25 mg and it hasn't effected me at all!

Good Luck !

I'm 35 yrs old. I have 3 beautiful & perfect children. I was told I had to have a Partial-Hysterectomy & just have my Uterus removed in 2003 & in 2007 cuz I have had 3 C-Section births, that resulted in SEVERE infections that damaged & destroyed my Uterus pretty bad. However, I was in denial & scared to have the Partial-Hysterectomy done at that time in my life. Today, I experience several painful issues relating to a damaged & toxic Uterus. Now, I want to have the Partial-Hysterectomy done ASAP cuz I can No longer tolerate the painful issues that I deal with daily. I can Not even enjoy my life cuz I spend most of my days in bed, in pain. I'm very scared to have the Partial-Hysterectomy done, but I have been told & I have heard that after the surgery, many woman wish that they had the surgery several years prior cuz they felt better than they ever did before. I hope that I have the Partial-Hysterectomy ASAP & I hope that all is fine after surgery. I just want to get myself back, so I can get back to living my life; with my 3 happy, beautiful & perfect children.

Anyone have any advise or wisdom to share with me; pertaining a Partial-Hysterectomy ??

Cynthia

i am 5 weeks post op from a total vaginal hysterectomy and i am 24 yrs old, i have days where i feel great and its like when i am out and walking around or doing alot of running around going places i become very sore with back pain, have pain when urinating or having a bowel movement its almost like i just had the surgery again, i had to go through emergency a week ago and they told me i had a small bladder prolapse but then i go t my doc and he says my bladder hasnt dropped, but it is beginning to make me miserable, i havent had pain meds since 2 weeks post op and my doc wont prescribe i got more when i had a tooth pulled which is ridiculous i believe the men docs just dont understand he told me to takr ib profen so i did dint help i took the max 800mg, i dont know what to do do i go to a diff doc or wait???

Had total abdominal hysterectomy 5 days ago ,had staples out today and feel great.Got out of hospital on day 4 and sick off being made to do nothing .I know i have to take things easy but going mad at home already.