I have, for many years (over ten) fluid leaking from my ears. I have been examined by a number of Ear Nose and Throat Doctors, and none have come up with the answer. I do not have punctured eardrums, nor have I had any other problems with my ears. I am awakened at night when I feel a tickle made by a trickle of moisture, which when dried shows no wax at all on the cloth or paper napkin, just clear fluid. One day one of the Ear Doctors said that my ears Sweat, and when I told him that this also happens in the coldest of winter days, he laughed. It was a joke that he thought I would take as a truth. I read somewhere that "Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak is a certain indication for Surgery.

I have been having the same problems for 3 years. A clear fluid runs out of my ears (never any wax). It is a constant thing that goes on all day long. The only thing I have found that will help dry it up for a fews days is Ciprodex ear drops. I leave the drops in each ear for at least 30 minutes.

I also have clear fluid leaking from my outer ears. It does not leak from inside the inner ear. The leak is bilateral. It is "ceberalspinal fluid", I taste it and it has no taste, that confirms it is CSF. It leaks down the side of my outer ear. To draw a picture of it would look like this. See the outer ear, look at the top of the ear, feel the cartliage, then the groove in the hole is a pin hole I feel the leak coming from. I am sure it is due to pressure related to exerting during exercise on the job. Minimal ringing in the ears. But once it dries the leak stops. When I clean the clear dried fluid, it begins to leak again. The scab is off and the hole is exposed, thus more leaks out. My ears itch, indicating an infection. I started using neosporin for my ears, but it did not go away. I feel a sensation at the pin point area where it leaks, as if there is an irritation. Story goes, it stops when I do not remove the crusted clear dried attached on the skin of my outer ear. Thanks for the post.

I have this constantly and I think it may be due to allergies?? If I take a benedryl before bed it helps. I am considering going to an allergist. has anyone else considered that?

I have the exact same thing. It has been going on for a year now. Both of my ears will drain clear watery fluid and it itches. So when I scratch them I can hear all the fluid squish around. I eventually have to take a qtip and clean the fluid out for my sanity...but then it seems to get worse. If I don't mess with it and try not to let the annoying watery itchy feel get to me, it will dry up and become crusted. But for that time they don't leak fluid or itch. But if I try to clean the crustys out of my ears it causes them to start draining the clear fluid again. It's so annoying and I've been to a normal doctor and ent doctor and both say my ears look relatively fine. But I can't believe that...as I'm sitting now one of tem is draning. It's so irritating...what is wrong with me. ii just want it to stop and to have a reason for it instead of the doctors making me feel like I am crazy or making this up. :-(

OK SOMEONE PLEAS HELP!!! I HAVE THE SAME PROB, BOTH MY EARS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE LEKING ALWAYS! THEY FEEL SO FULL, WHEN I LAY TO ONE SIDE IT FEELS FULL AND VICE VERSA, AND I GET REALLY DIZZY,HEADACHES, AND SOMETIMES GET NAUSEATED.. THE EAR, NOSE N THROAT DOC LAUPHED AT ME WHEN I TOLD IM THIS, I GET SO MAD >;) ...HE SAID ITS NOT POSSIBLE FOR BOTH MY EARD TO FEEL THIS WAY!! THIS HAS BEEN GNG ON SINCE DEC 08...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO??? :-( I HAVE 4 KIDS AND SOMETIMES FEEL TOO SICK TO GET UP..SUM1 HELP???

To the person who says the liquid is coming fron a little hole, look up " ear pits " and see if that's what you think it is.

Sounds like the symptoms of cerebral spinal fluid leak. Might try seeing a neurologist.

dear sir please send me tha result
3

I just want to empathize. I have the same problem! I have experienced this for approx. 20 years. I have talked to the reg. doc about it, and he laughed at me as well. He told me to use a blow dryer to dry this "fluid". I laughed right back at him... if he really understood - he would realize that would never help. I have attributed it to infection. I frequently get outer ear infections due to the fact that the running causes extreme itching, and to relieve the torture - I "clean" with a Qtip about five to six times a day. Is this a vicious cycle?
The LAST thing on earth that I want to do is put drops in my ears. The very idea of it sounds like prolonged torture. My problem is fluid in the ears, I don't want to put more fluid in the ears... even if it is full of alcohol that will supposedly dry up.
I have never even considered the fact that it could be CSF. If anybody has more evidence of that - I am interested in hearing about it.

It is a relief to "hear" , lol, that i am not the only one this is happening to. The day I turned 40 9/24/10 my ear started leaking and now 10/21/10 i'm dried up but it's now all scabby in my ear. I try to get the scabs out and I start to leak again. It leaked so much one day it was dripping on my shoulder. GROSS!!! I've tried....ear candles, sweet oil, hydrogen peroxide, and alcohol. Been told to try having someone blow smoke in my ear and put a cotton ball in it and white vinegar. I can't hear out of that ear now it's all plugged up. It doesn't hurt, I'm not running a fever, no cold symptoms, it itches, and if i itch it it burns now since i've been messing with it so much. If anyone has any idea how to fix this I would be forever grateful !!!

fluid leaking from ear can be allergies. i have it too and on the allergy pills it dries right up.

If you have feeling of your ear being full but no actual leakage at all, still feeling sick and dizzy lots with it. You may have Meniere's Disease - which I have. It took me a year of going back to the doctor saying my ear feels full of liquid and keep popping - and him saying my ear's are empty. Then saw a poster of the symptoms by chance at a hospital and finally had the diagnosis and medication.

I have been having this problem for almost two years, it started randomly and now my ears constantly itch, they always have clear fluid coming from them and i get constant ear infections from trying to keep my ears clean with a qtip ( peroxide does not help). My doctor just sent me for an allergy test and I was tested for 50 different things. I am not allergic to anything they tested me for. It is so frustrating because now I am back to square one. If it isn't allergies, what in the world is it? I dont know why they would be draining CSF since I have not had any severe head trauma that I can remember. Has anyone found a treatment that works for them?

This is due to allergy, start taking some allergy meds that has Deep congested in it like Alves D or Claritin D and about 2 to 3 days it will go away. This is what works for me. Good luck