I have a swollen lymphnode behind my ear and have had one a while ago in the pelvic area. I went to the deramatologist as I thought it was a cyst or perhaps and ingrown hair but was told it was do to a virus. The first one was last year in the pelvis area and it went away after my doctor prescribed some valtrex. This time the one behind my ear the doctor just asked if I had some type of an infection ....I haven't but have been run down and was thinking it may be due to the herpes but wanted to know if it could be something more serious. What do you think ?

Hi! My cousin has herpes and I know that Valtrex is prescribed when there are visible symptoms and not only swollen lymph nodes but it is also used to help your body fight off infection. Have you had any tests done? Do you have any symptoms on your genitals like sores? Have you had blood test done? I am just confused about the fact that you were told it was a virus but you didn’t mention any testing or that you already had been infected with herpes virus.

It is true that herpes can be misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs sometimes.

How long have you had this node in the neck swollen? They do occur when a nearby infection had occurred and I doubt that herpes would make your neck nodes swell especially if it is genital herpes. These nodes can swell even if you have suffered from a mild cold.

I don’t think that a swollen node behind your ear is something serious but if it persists, you should definitely see a doctor again.

hi,my name is amy.I had a small lymph on my chest wall ,like what doctor said,after i had an ultrasound,nd found 8cm from nipple on left side of my breast a small nodule 4mm .I WAS so scared when doctor tried to explain to me that ,it is not a cyst .A solid lymph 4mm,was not too concernd.I wanted to do a biopsy but doctor didnt ask for it.I WENT after few days to do the biopsy at same radiology center where i had my ultrasound done.Doctor examined me again through the ultrasound to find spot where the lymph is,nd advised me that there is no need for biopsy,as lymph is outiside breast,nd said is by the chest wall where there is no tissue.I was happy that she said that,but still concerned about it,and advised me that nothing to worry about,and we will do a follow up in six months.I AM still worried,.Would it goaway?Is it a hormone change?I AM 37YRS OLD ND HAVE 2KIDS,age 9yrs nd 2yrs old.Please tell me if any medicine is prescribed,or what else can i do?My doctors werent too worried at all. THANKS IN ADVANCE.c

Hi, my name is nick and i am 18 and i have swelled nodes in my chest or somewhere in that area, i mean i am not sure where all of the lymphnodes are at, but i have been having bad chest pains the last couple of months every day, but i have not been sick, so they don't think it is an infection, and i have to go see a surgeon, does anyone know what else it could be. Just kinda scared about the situation.