Yesterday I heard from my friend that his son maybe has a dermoid cyst. I feel very stupid because I didn’t know what it is exactly. I only know that it’s some kind of tumor. I would like to know where can dermoid cyst appear? And tell me, please, is it very dangerous?

Well, I can tell that it isn’t too dangerous. As I know, a dermoid cyst almost always is benign because it contains mature tissue. It can occur in the testes in males and ovaries in females. Dermoid cysts on the face, neck, or scalp are subcutaneous cysts that are usually present at birth.

My daughter(8yo) has a free floating "ball" as she calls it, in her neck. I'm hoping this is a cyst. Will take her to dr. But am very worried. she said she's had this "ball" that comes and goes and is sometimes hard to find. Does this sound like the way a cyst would behave I wonder?

Sounds like an inflamed lymph node. This is normal for everyone, especially an 8 year old since kids pick up so many infections. Lymph nodes filter out infections in the body, which is why they become inflamed every once in a while. Doesn't sound like anything to be worried about, but taking her to the doctor couldn't hurt, just in case. Take her when the lump is swollen so they can test her for an infection to verify that that is the root cause.