Hi there...

Well I can start by saying that I have been under tremendous amount of stress lately. two weeks ago my middle finger on my left hand started to peel at the tip and just on top of the finger knuckle. a day or two later another peeling spot appeared on the side of my left index finger. I haven't noticed any other peeling areas on my hands other than these two spots although I am now fixating on them to te extent that I am starting to see things lol

No itching associated with them at all. The peeling stopped with moisturizing , i mean I no longer see the peels so i m saying that it has stopped.

when i touch this area - the skin is not smooth and a certain discomfort at the touch is felt. Not really pain but a dull sensation. the skin inside the "peels" i a bit pinkier than the rest of the skin with apparant small lines - it is as if the natural lines of your skin are more visible.

can anyone give me a reason or indication? thanks a lot

Hey, I recently have gotten the same thing! Its ugly. I have read a lot of reviews and I am on an antibiotic at the moment, not sure if it will work after reading all the reviews. I am soaking my finger two times a day in peroxide, it burns like hell! Then I put germex lotion on it and immediately cover it with gauze.  It looks like it might be getting better. I will definitely use germex everyday now in case this is contagious to the other fingers, and keep my hands moisturized.   My doctor at this point does not know what it is. :(

I will let you know my progress.......

Tchapman

Our experiences are nearly identical. I've been under an inordinate amt of stress lately as well. It started as a small circle of dry skin on my index finger. When I peeled the dead skin away, I was left with slightly pink, new skin - with many more wrinkles in it. The baby skin underneath is not painful, just sensitive. I now have small patches on 5 of my fingers and thumb. Were you ever able to get a diagnosis from a doctor? Mine had no idea. Suggested allergy, change in lotion, fungus, auto-immune deficiency. Couldn't believe I paid 110.00 so he could say "Don't really know..."

I also had the same with the circle thing of the dry skin! It's really annoying now cause each time I can't stop peeling it! ( and now, it's...HUGE) Until I stopped peeling it so I won't have to keep peeling it so theirs no like areas I can make it peel further. ( sorry if it's really gross abut peeing. OMG 110 for a doctor?!??! that even said he didn't know about it!!! what the?? that doctor is BAD he should get fired.

I have peeling hand for years now. The two matters that give rise to the problem: 1) soil: I love gardening and some soil make my hands to peel; 2) sea; when I fish in the sea and use coral worms, red bait or make hand contact with other sea fishing bait, my hands peel. Sometimes even twice after each other.
The skin is then very thin and it take a month or two to recover and become thicker again.
Lotions only help to stop cracking of the new thin skin.