my fingertips are peeling and i have never been in something like this! what is it? :-(

Celebrity
There could be a number of things causing this side effect but the thing is that only a doctor may determine what it actually is.

Kawasaki's disease often causes this disorder but Kawasaki disease affects mostly children. In Kawasaki disease skin peels away from the fingers. It could also peel from palms, toes and soles.

The reason it happens is that moistures dries.

Similar things may happen with diabetes. Diabetes may also lead to cracked and peeled skin due to decreased perspiration.

Lack of vitamin B may be the cause as well, it influences skin by peeling and cracking but you may also experience other signs like mental depression and many more. Not all of the symptoms are always present.

Too much vitamin A causes the same symptoms, so physical exam, blood tests, etc need to be done to realize if there’s an underlying condition.

I had this for one year before I figured out that it was newspaper print!

When I get this condition, (little mini blisters, starting in the center of the finger tip, and spreading radially) I start taking multi-vitamins after every meal. It usually clears up in 2-7 Days after I begin taking the multi-vitamins.

Steve

I have acrylic nails and so I got a fungus under one nail on my right thumb. Then the peeling started around the thumb. It moved to the index finger and then generally my cuticles began peeling on all the right hand.

It did eventually moved to the left hand also.

If I tried to trim off the dry skin etc, it made it worse as it built up hard callus's. So I started looking for something that would keep my cuticles moist. Most cuticle creams have Vitamin E which I am allergic to. I found Solar Oil, but found it contained Vitamin E.

I tried Tea Tree Oil also. THAT stung and didn't help. I also found that its poisonous to dogs and cats. So If they got it on their fur from me touching them I would be harming them.

What I have found which seems to keep the cuticles moist for me is OPI Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil. Its about $6 for 2.5 oz. It smells good also. Contains nothing to harm my animals either. Its helping the peeling. But I haven't stopped the condition intirely. I was using the Sally Hansen Hands, Nails & Cuticle Creme and a while later my hands started the peeling. I also use a hand cream Flexitol for very dry skin. I get it at Walgren's. I just discovered that it does have Vitamin E, and this is why I suspect my hands wont entirely heal.

btw I also have had cracked heels, but I use a wet pumice stone and liquid soap in the shower daily and this keeps them awesome. My manicurist was the one who told me to do this and it works.

I am allergic to stainless steel if that strikes any chords

My hands peeled starting with fingertips. It kept spreading and then the skin cracked and bled. It was so bad, it was like I might as well not have hands, I couldn't use them at all. It turned out to be a yeast infection! I bought some stuff called Threelac I'd read about online. In one day I could see my hands clearing up.

My finger on left hand alone peel of skin in the finger only . No irritation