Help the skin around my skin is peeling badly. I have had problems in this area for years - it came and went, but now its constant. in the morning the skin around my lips will feel very tight. as the day goes on, it starts to crack and peel off,leaving a red ring around my mouth. any ideas on what could be causing this?

i had it once and the doctor said, its cause of bad nutrition.... you can use kenacomb creme and it will go way in few days.

I understand your pain…I was in the same situation just yesterday. Franticly searching the internet for answers - All I could find were suggestions to use “chap stick”, or “carmax”…this is completely wrong!!! Applying petroleum jelly to your face especially on the lips and around the mouth will strip the top layer of your skin. So you will just continue to irritate your skin and prolong this ordeal.

So anyhow…this is what I discovered works: HYDROCORTISONE WITH ALOE. You will see and feel the differences right away!! APPLY 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY—WHILE AWAKE, BUT SHOULD THIS CONTINUE FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEKS…YOU WILL NEED TO CONSULT YOUR PHYSICAN. IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS. I guess this an allergic reaction to toothpaste that has high amounts of baking soda and peroxide for teeth whiting. Your MOUTHWASH can also be a contributor to this problem as well as HIGH CONSINTRATION OF SUNSCREEN. My skin is extremely sensitive and these are my findings. All these products caused the area around my lips to crack, peel and remain dry.

Hope this will help.

would aquaphor work?