So I get that this could be playing with fire. I took subs for a month but also used heroin still (stupid) and am now hooked on both. Can i use methadone for abot five days to ease the suboxone withdrawal or will this prolong it. Started this regimen yesterday and besides muscle aches i am ok. I cannot afford these drugz. Hoping short term methadone detox works. ??????????

I am on day two of suboxone withdrawal! I am wondering the same thing. Sub withdrawal is no where & I mean NO WHERE near to oxycodone withdrawal but it's still bad. Wondering if I can take three or four methadone to kick the suboxone forever.

Of course, why do you think pain doctors switch opiod types so often. another narcotic will mask the others withdrawl, trick is to get off the new one before it gets you too, also, can you do that long enough to get through the first ones time frame. tricky

Don't touch methadone, it is so addictive you will be hooked day 2. Unless you start at a low dose and go 1mg lower a day for 30 days max - try starting as low as you can. Try 3 days between doses - going lower each time. it lingers in your system much longer than other opiates. I am not sure suboxone and methadone should even be taken in the same week, no? Methadone is otherwise known as liquid handcuffs....try not to use it.