I’ve been on Suboxone for two years now and over the last six months I’ve been weaning myself off from 16 mg to 4 mg I’m currently taking. I just can’t afford to pay for this medication anymore and despite knowing how bad cold turkey withdrawal is since I went through one with heroin, I’m afraid that I’ll just run out of my Suboxone very soon.

From some stories I’ve read online, people who are doing cold turkey withdrawal from heroin or other opiates are praising Clonidine as being of great help, together with Imodium, but if anyone has experience - does Clonidine help with Suboxone withdrawal?

Clonidine definitely does help a lot - it's been used in detox facilities for years. When you're in opiate withdrawal, Clonidine helps in controlling muscle tremors and spasms, among other things.

The only thing you need to consider is that Clonidine is medication used for lowering blood pressure, so if you already have low blood pressure you'd have to be monitored during the time you're on Clonidine and you'd most likely need the lowest dose.