Hey all, my thoughts and expectations were and are this-I started the subs for the detox off of heroin and the subs were just as i was told "a miracle pill for withdrawal". However, what i was'nt told and failed to research was the detox/withdrawal/side effects of the ave been suboxone! The good junkie i am(was) never thought to check into the history or patient reviews of the so called miracle drug/cure for heroin and other opiate addictions. I have been in/around EVERY type of treatment for addiction(i.e-aa,na,ca,outpatient therapy,ect...) and the facts(opinions) i learned were also varied and selective(per personal experience) My point is that it seems to me that the sub detox/withdrawal varies from person to person and is also contingent on how long you were on them?. I am scared to death to detox just yet and KNOW that i'm gonna be SCREWED. I am only taking CRUMBS and my girlfriend takes most of my prescription. I am ALREADY feeling the onset of what is to come 'cause i am sick in the am. and i am sleeping crappy 5 out of 7 days of the week. I know this is 'cause of the ridiculously small amount i take. BUT it feels like im coming off a bundle of dope! Its been roughly 9 months of daily use with the subs and i am once again involved in a 12 step program. I know i can't postpone the inevetible and sooner or later im gonna HAVE to come off of them! I would appreciate ANY suggestions and ideas that were helpful to others and i am open to ALL.Oh, and as for the post about the dr's scammin-you are so so right! It's like the biggest "legal-raqueteering" outfit in the U.S, next to the lottery, of course.

JDIZ %-)

Hey out there-
Started detoxing from sub's Tuesday-it has been a living he'll, but I think Im beginning to see some light.
It may be different for each person, however, this IS NOT the miracle drug the doctor dealers espouse it to be-it f&$@!n sucks coming off of it
Thank god I have a wife who has helped me, writing this now as I can't sleep yet. I have Been on subs for approximate 9months
I loved the energy you got from Vic, percs,but it was killing me!
Just try to go with it- take baths for your sore joints, motrin helps, but truthfully, it's time that is going to get you through it
Let me know if I can help in anyway man, I feel for you, and will send you some wellness thoughts as you embark on this journey to health
J

I'm on about day 9 of Sub withdrawals. Was taking about 8 mg per day x 8 months after being on Morphine, Perc, OC, you name it for 8 years straight. The first 3 days I took crumbs too -- probably about 1/2 or 1 mg. Honestly if ur down to crumbs now and already withdrawing, you might as well just jump b/c ur just drawing it out longer. On day 4 I stopped and have not had a bit of sub since and honestly feel the same as when just taking the crumb. So go ahead and jump. You can expect to feel about 2 weeks of sh*t. I've already lost about 7 lbs in 9 days due to no appetite and diarhhea (Immodium AD helps great for that tho). I have been getting thru and functioning tho by using Xanax or other sleep aids at night -- otherwise you WILL NOT sleep. I even have taken some very mild painkillers (Tylenol 3) to curb the withdrawals. I dont think this starts the clock back as others have said, but only do this if you are REALLY confident it wont cause you to relaspe. Me, I'm 5 weeks pregnant, so I am not afraid of relapsing and hoping the Tyl w/ Codein (which is deemed generally safe in pregnancy in small doses) will help get me thru the next few days. Last night I actually slept the best I had, which means waking up every 3 hours or so but I wa able to fall back asleep and didnt have the terrible bone pain and restless "kicking" legs for the first time in 9 days. I still feel completely in a fog and cant concetrate, freezing cold, no appetite, etc -- UNLESS i take just 1 and a half of a Tyl 3 then I can function much better.

Two weeks sounds like a long time, and it is. Basically you can choose 5-6 days of pure, utter hell withdrawing off a full narcotic, or choose 2 (or even 3) weeks of not quite as bad but still hellish withdrawal off Subs. BUT if you can get through it is is sooooo worth it . I dont know if I'd have the strength to do it if it werent' for wanting to save this pregnancy. Typically they wanna keep you ON sub throughout the pregnancy but I refuse to do that and risk the baby being born addicted; honestly i'd rather risk a miscarriage from withdrawals and so far they havent been bad enough to cause one. Still complete hell tho. Walking out in the sun helps. Despite the crippling insomnia and lack of energy -- if you can just make urself do something it is so much better than lying in bed or on the couch staring at walls wanting to die. Also Tylenol PM is great, actually helps me sleep I think. You can take Advil PM too which is apprently even better (I cant take that b/c its a nono in pregnancy). Just dont take too much b/c if you do it will counter-act and make sleeplessness worse -- take the recommended 2 -3 before bedtime and thats it. Have also heard Trazadone, Ambien, Clonidine will also help you get through the crippling insomnia of sub withdrawal. But be careful b/c you dont want to replace one addiction with another -- only go that route if you truly trust yourself to stop them once the sub withdrawals stop.

Good luck to you -- you can do it, and when you do you will no longer be a slave to these drugs that have held us hostige for so long. Once the withdrawals stop, your body and mind has to learn to deal with being a "regular person" -- meaning we no longer have the edge we had over everyone else cuz we were high all the f'in time ha ha. Thats hard and can result in depression, lethargy, anxiety. Thats where therapy can come in supposedly. But even on your worse day sober your a better person b/c your not living a lie and your FREE!

Hi Sailboat,

Just want to ask about your diet. Did you have to change anything during this period? Didi you had problems with your usual food?

Opiate user in 2002 to full on abuser until January 6th 2011, when I went on Suboxone.  Was prescribed 4 films a day at first. 8 MG films.  Went to three in March, down to two in August and down to one in October.

Started my taper down, last week where I pretty much took 2mgs when I woke up.  Monday the 26th of December was my first no Sub day.  As I type at 2 am on Friday December 30th, I havent slept in almost 48 hours.

I think thats the worst of it.

Id like to sleep, but im not feeling all that bad.  Thanks to my GF and a good support group, im able to come off and not go back to opiates again, well the goal at least.

Anyone who decides to go the Suboxone route, needs to realisticly taper down, before they quit taking it.

Expect 4-5 days, at worst, if your in day 20 of a Suboxone detox, somethings not right in your body.  Go to a doctor.

Good luck 

I used opiates, heroin and every other drug for 17 years, I finally recognized my problem and went to a sub dr. I was on 16mg per day for about 11 months and then got put in jail for selling drugs where I was forced to stop subs cold turkey. After 2 weeks in jail I got out and it's been almost 5 weeks since my last suboxone dose and I'm still going thru mild wd's( joint pain, stomach pain, fatigue, etc.). The first 2 days aren't bad at all, the next prob 10 days after that were hell and then it starts to get a lil better each day. My advice for wds, def exercise even just a lil each day, advil, immodium, eat when you can, sleep Meds and support( I think it's very important to not do this by yourself). I'm happy I went cold turkey, after using drugs for that long including suboxone i'll never put myself thru that hell ever again! Good luck to anybody trying to get thru your withdrawals! It can be done you just need the willpower,strength and support, and you can definitely get clean and stay clean!

Hi..I have been on strips for two years and I lost my ins. recently and is now facing this to deal with knowing how hard it already has been in the a.m. for me. First off I realized I haven't been weaning the right way either so I have been putting my body through the wd's. even faster than it should be. So I am going to do it exactly right by doing it right that way first by cutting the mg's down slow since it has been 2 years I have been on this already that always means the longer you do the longer the coming down. So there was very useful tips I have read so far and I understand that it does have a long life so when you do finally get to a very low mg. you start skipping days u take it so u start trying to kill the life line it has on u by spreading out the med. real far in that month till u get to hardly none. The doctors make this happen where u r on it too long and now it is a issue getting off. I have a long way to go and hopefully I won't have to buy them on the streets since I had something taken from me unexpectly but never told how hard and long the coming off of it was either so go figure! I don't want to be a lifer with this crutch so any advice to get me threw the first 4days. I am getting real ill and not going to work off weaning down wrong so I'm really scared help!!! I had to start off a full 8mg and really only have been taking only 3mg. the whole time so now I have to build it back up in my body agin just to come off the right way. Is there a right way and will I go threw that again to have to miss work and can't deal at all really it is that hard when you wean wrong is it like that when u wean down the right way? Don't know what to expect need to plan my future with this painful hard news though hopefully I won't be throwing up like that if someone tells me the right way. I will not get off strips if I will go threw that again bc it was that bad I saw no easing up with the vomiting so that is what I'm asking does that get better when u wean the right way?