Born with a disease that causes frequent pain, i had been on pain meds sporatically for years with no issues. Then 12 yrs ago I was placed on dilaudid 8mg injectuables to inject intramuscularly for pain, needless to say AI got very physically addicted. Since then I've been on fentanyl patches, oxycontin, and dilaudid as mush as I want for over 10 yrs I never run out, but I am a slave to it. I started my detox off of them 4 days ago, and used suboxone as a short term ween off med to elleviate the excruciating withdrawals symptoms. Tha subone the 1st day did very little and I founs my self wating to throw in the towel and just take an oxy, since I still have a full bottle of them, but I'm nt in oain so I endured and on the 2nd day I had my doc write me a script for clonopin-that make a world of a difference. I n addition to 1 mg of clolonopiin, I also toox 5 mg of valium to ease my irritability and restlessnesss. The tingles in my feet, the stomach cramps, constant yawning, diarrhea, and fatigue makes you feel miserable. I recommend using the suboxone to ween off opiates not as a maintance. It was not mase to be used long term, and if used in that manner you'll be in the same boat when you are ready to get off of the suboxone. I have access to opiates and will always be able to get them since at times my pain does warrant their use, but I chose to get free, and I hate to suffer at all, If i can do this you can to. Just use suboxone for 2 weeks tops, and incorporate clonopin and valium to help. but when you are done detoxing throw the clonopin and valium away, you don't want to gain anotyher addiction. I wish everyone the best throu this IT IS HARD, but we can all do it. Just change the way you think and change.your life. And when you hear horror stories remember it is human nature to exaggerate, it is horrible to detox, but its worse being hooked on something in which you can't function without. Pray PrayPray, that really has proven great for me as well, oh and I find myself masterbating quite often during the withdrawal too, and I'm a lady-lol go figure. Good luck, God bless, and I  can do all things through christ, which strengthens me. YOU CAN DO THIS ENDURE. I'm on day 5now and its better now,sorry about the many typos. hope this helps someone. i want to be free and i'll do whatever it takes if I can dio it anyone can

I just started suboxone tablets again after having my baby and getting stuck back on tabs 2 yrs ago. Not only do you have an illness you were born with but opiates rewire your brain and that is considered an illness as well. I had been on suboxone in the past and one day just quit taking it with no issue. I know that weed helps amazingly with withdrawal symptoms. Made mine completly go away with some immodium for diareah. I just don't wanna smoke it away this time so I'm back on subs but if you can its an idea. Clonidine is supose to help too and valium will calm your nerves a little. Good luck.